Chapter 15

ANNABELLE’S POINT OF VIEW

I put a hand up to my mouth, shocked. This could not be happening. I nodded, not trusting myself enough to talk. Niall immediately got up and hugged me. “Oh thank god.” He mumbled into my hair. I laughed a little.

“It still amazes me that you think I’d say no. Do you think I’d come all the way to fucking Germany because I thought you were a great friend?” I asked sarcastically, as Harry walked up.

“The look on her face was priceless, mate. Congratulations.” He handed us both a drink, and walked away. I looked down at the drink nervously. I’d never touched a drink of alcohol in my life. I had always been the good girl, that never did anything wrong. I looked up at Niall, and could tell he knew how nervous I was.

“You really don’t have to drink anything. Not if you don’t want to.” He said, smiling.

“No, I do. I’m just nervous I’m going to be some freak, or something.” I mumbled, looking down.

“I really doubt it. Here, we’ll do it on three. One-Two-Three.” We both tilted our heads back, the alcohol burning my throat slightly as I forced myself to swallow it. It wasn’t necessarily a pleasant taste, but it wasn’t the worst tasting thing ever, either. I decided I liked it , and nodded up at Niall.

“I don’t feel any different.” I said, confused. Niall laughed at me.

“It’s going to take a lot more than that, especially since we just ate.” He explained. I nodded, pretending that made sense. We had to learn all about alcohol at school, but I wasn’t one to pay attention to it. I never thought I’d need to know. “Do you want more?” Niall asked, obviously nervous. I looked up at him, and nodded.

“Yeah, actually. I kind of do.” I said, smiling. We walked up to the bar, both of us asking for the strongest thing I could get. I was somewhat excited, honestly.

***

About four drinks later, I could feel the buzz going through my head, and I was obviously a little less coordinated. I could tell by the third drink I was going to be a slutty drunk, which isn’t something I would have liked to discover tonight, but oh well. Niall and I were back on the dance floor, definitely grinding. It was the first time I’d ever done anything like that with a boy, and Harry made sure to comment every time he could. He never really made a lot of sense, obviously drunk himself. I drank a couple more drinks, as did Niall. He was drunk too, although not nearly as bad as me.

“Niall, do we have a designated driver?” I asked, suddenly panicked.

“Yeah, Liam. His girlfriend is coming into town soon, and she doesn’t like it when he drinks without her.” Niall explained, while we were walking out to the car. I was incredibly awake, but Louis was very obviously a sleepy drunk, and he definitely needed to get home.

“Okay, so Liam hasn’t had anything to drink?” I asked, pulling my seatbelt on tightly. Liam must have heard me, because he’s the one who answered.

“Not a drop.” He said, getting into the driver seat. The rest of the boys close behind him. We headed back to the house I was going to call home for the next three weeks.

***

I was laying on my bed with shorts and a tank top on, obviously ready for bed. I let Niall take a shower after me, and my hair was loosely drying on my shoulders. Before I went to bed, it got this loose curl to it. It was legitimately curly, but it disappeared once I slept on it. 

I looked up as Niall walked out of the shower, wearing only a towel. The current drunken state my mind was in caused incredibly dirty things to run through my mind. All of them involving the disappearance of that towel. “You know, if you keep staring like that, your face will get stuck.” Niall said smugly.