Chapter 28

Author's Note:

This isn't going to be long. Just a forewarning. It's interesting, though. Yeah, go on now.(:

___________________________________________________

ANNABELLE’S POINT OF VIEW

Zayn and I claimed one of the vehicles heading back to the hotel for ourselves, leaving the rest of the boys to divvy up the two remaining ones. We had two nights in a hotel before heading out on tour. The management pretty much told us to stay at the hotel, but I was alright with that.

We climbed into the back seat of the van, snapping our seatbelts on. I looked over at Zayn, being hit again with the wave of gratitude I felt towards the boy. He was giving me much more kindness than necessary, but it was appreciated, nonetheless. He smiled at me.

“Do you want the ice cream now?” He asked, wiggling the container. I nodded eagerly, my hand already reaching out for the spoon. He laughed, handing me the spoon. I grabbed it, then grabbed the container. I popped it open and took a bite, savoring the taste as it melted in my mouth.

“I don’t know that I’ve ever been so happy to have ice cream in my life.” I said, taking another bite. “You don’t mind if I use the same spoon, do you?” I asked, a little too late. He laughed.

“I don’t know that I have much of a choice anymore, do I?” He said. I laughed as well, shaking my head.

“No, I guess not.” I stuck my spoon into the bucket again, getting another bite. “Can we watch a movie when we get back? Just us two? I don’t want to talk.” I asked, giving Zayn my best puppy dog face.

“I’m alright with that. How was the trip?” He asked. It was a simple enough question, but I was almost brought to tears thinking about the answer.

“We couldn’t even make it through the ride to the airport without arguing, Zayn. And I think it’s all my fault. I don’t know why I can’t just talk to him, I’m normally not so emotional. I’m just not used to feeling this way, yenno?” I said, blushing slightly. I don’t know what it is about this boy, but he made me completely at ease.

“I don’t think it’s your fault at all. You can’t be expected to look at this with a level head ever, let alone around the guy. Right now, you’re thinking just fine, which is more than what most people can do. He makes me want to throw something, and he didn’t even directly hurt me.” Zayn said. I watched as a muscle jumped in his jaw, and wondered why he was so upset with Niall. I wasn’t even that close to Zayn.

“Thank you, Zayn. It means a lot that you sit here and listen to me rant. You don’t have to.” I said, meaning ever word.

“I enjoy it. It’s nice talking to someone who is intelligent. I swear, as much as I love those boys, they don’t know how to be serious.” Zayn said. I laughed, and soon he was laughing too. I thought about how goofy we must look. A popstar who looked perfect sitting next to an average girl with a tear stained face eating cotton candy ice cream.

We were a pretty funny sight. I realized quickly I wouldn’t want it any other way.

“I got an extra bed put into my room, so you can stay there.” Zayn said as we pulled up to the hotel. I nodded, jumping out and grabbing my bags. Zayn grabbed one from my hands before rushing ahead to open the door.

We had gotten to the hotel much earlier than the boys. They had taken forever to figure out van arrangements, and were therefore running way behind. I followed behind Zayn, smiling as I walked into his tidy hotel room.

“Did you clean up?” I asked. Zayn blushed before nodding sheepishly.

“Yeah, I figured I probably should.” He admitted. “What movie do you want to watch?” He asked, setting down my bags and making his way to the television.