3.0

"How are the pancakes, my wonderful family... and my youngest son's fuck buddy" frank asked loudly as he placed more pancakes onto a plate. He had been back for a few days, acting unusually cheery. Carl said he was just waiting for something bad to pop up to explain his good mood.

"the pancakes are shitty, and she's my girlfriend," Carl said with his mouth full, "and liam's the youngest."

Frank tossed the plate down on the counter and turned toward the table, "I will have you all know that-"

He stopped talking when rylee gagged and suddenly stood up, running to the bathroom.

"The fuck was that about?" frank said after a moment of silence in the room.

"oh good you're back." he said sarcastically as she walked out of the bathroom, "finish your pancakes."

"Fuck no" she groaned, walking past the table toward the living room

"you are so unappreciative." frank said loudly as she passed him.

"shut up, frank"

"you can't talk to me like that, you're not even my kid!"

"i've known you since i was two years old frank," she sighed, still talking to him as she sat on the couch "and you always pretend we don't know each other when i'm not nice to you"

"maybe you should stop telling me to shut up" he said quietly

"Frank shut up" Carl yelled as he stood up and walked toward rylee, "You feeling okay?"

"yeah i'm fine," rylee laughed, "I don't know what that was about."

"what do you-" carl began to ask her a question as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"fuck it's 11?" she groaned loudly, "I gotta go to work"

___________________________

"what are you going to do?" Ian asked rylee as they walked through the doors of the Walgreens across town

"I don't know." she replied quietly

"would you still go to school?" He asked

"I don't know." she repeated.

"what would you name it?" he asked, not noticing her tone.

"Ian," she yelled, "stop asking questions, I don't even know if i'm pregnant yet."

"sorry" ian chuckled lightly as they walked up to the wall of pregnancy tests, "holy shit. there's a lot of kinds"

"this is so overwhelming." rylee said, starting to cry a little bit.

Ian noticed the tears forming in rylee's eyes and quickly spoke up, trying to comfort her. "Whoa, hey it's okay."

He grabbed a random box from the wall and handed it to her, "get this one."

She nodded, and they walked up to the counter to an overly excited cashier.

"Hello you two, how are you doing this evening?" she asked with a huge smile on her face.

"Fine." rylee replied, not looking up.

"Would you like a bag for this today?" she asked them.

"Yeah I want a bag." rylee snapped.

"Alrighty," the cashier said, trying to stay happy, "and do you have a rewards membershi-"

"No."

"Oh, wait," Ian spoke quickly, "I do."

Rylee rolled her eyes as Ian entered his information. She then paid, and walked out of the store as Ian thanked the cashier. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders as they headed down the road back to the house.