5.8

(i typed this all at once and never re read it so just ignore all my mistakes sry)
____

"Good morning." Carl mumbled, walking into the kitchen with a light smile on his face, still in his sweatpants.

Carl walked over to Rylee at the table, leaving a kiss on her cheek, before turning to Shannon and doing the same. "The food looks great."

"Thank you, sweetie." Shannon smiled, "Do you guys have a plan for today?"

Rylee sighed, "Not yet-"

"Yeah actually," Carl cut her off, "We're going to be here for the day, but go out to dinner at a place I found around here, if that's alright"

"Of course it is." Shannon smiled warmly at him as Rylee sent him a confused look, but stays silent until they finish breakfast and return to their room.

"We're going to dinner?" she asks him as they sit on the messy bed.

"We are." He nodded.

"are you going to tell me where we're going?" she laughed lightly.

"nope." he smirked and shook his head at her.

"Fine," she rolled her eyes with a light laugh, "What are we gonna do until then?"

"Let's go check out the lake." Carl took her hand in his and led her outside.

The beach was quiet, not many people were outside just yet at around 10AM, and it was a private beach to those who owned houses alongside. Carl and Rylee walked hand in hand quietly down the beach, feet barely touching the water as small waves washed up on the shore.

"It's so beautiful." Rylee said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"It is." He nodded, planting a kiss on her head, "so are you."

"Hello, Mr. Sappy." Rylee joked.

"I just love you, that's all." Carl laughed lightly.

"You've been very sappy the last few weeks." She pointed out, a smirk still on her face.

"I just love you, that's all." He repeated in a hushed tone.

"And I love you, too." She smiled up at him, kissing his cheek and then turning around, pulling him with her. "Let's go sit on those chairs."

Carl nodded and followed Rylee to a set of old, worn out wooden beach chairs.

"You look pretty, baby." Carl smiled over at Rylee as he sat in the chair beside hers.

"Thanks, so do you." she grinned.

"I'm pretty?" Carl laughed.

"mhm." Rylee nodded without hesitation.

"I'm not sure how I feel about that."

"I feel great about it." rylee smirked and shrugged. Carl just laughed and pulled out a pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

"It's so nice here." Rylee said again, taking a cigarette from Carl and waiting for him to light his before taking the lighter as well.

Carl nodded. "We should live by a lake someday."

"That's expensive." Rylee laughed.

"i'll provide for my woman." he said confidently with a smirk, as he stood up from his chair to sit on the arm of hers, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.