3.8

"so you didn't tell anyone right?" ian looked at rylee, anxiously waiting for an answer.

"no, i didn't tell anyone." she sighed, settling into the booth across from ian.

Ian had texted rylee the day he left, and told her that he was going somewhere and asked if she wanted to join in on the adventure, because mickey wouldn't go with him. she didn't plan to leave, or to let ian leave, but she knew that if she told carl or lip or mickey, they'd make a scene and he'd run away. so, she decided to meet him; him thinking they were going to leave, and her planning on convincing him to come back home.

"where did you say you wanted to go?" rylee asked him.

"i'm not really sure yet," he said, "i figure we'll find somewhere good on the way there."

"right," rylee whispered, "is that really such a good idea though?"

"what?"

"i mean, i know it would be great for independence and feeling free and stuff, but like we don't have any money. or anywhere to go."

"are you going to come with me or not?" ian snapped.

"yeah, i will." she told him, "i just think we should make a plan first."

"lets make a plan then."

"yes!" rylee slapped her hand on the table, "yes, well go back to my house after this and make the plan, and-"

"no, we'll do it here." ian insisted, "i'm not going back there."

"okay," rylee sighed. "i need to go back at some point, because i don't have anything with me."

"why not?" ian snapped, "i told you we would leave from here."

"yeah, i though you were gonna back out."

___________________

"five minutes." rylee told ian as she got out of her car to get clothes from her house.

"five minutes." ian repeated, "any longer and i'll leave with your car."

rylee rolled her eyes and walked into her house, immediately calling carl.

"hey babe" carl answered the call.

"ian is in my car, in front of my house." rylee told him quickly, "you have five minutes to get down here with mickey or he'll leave."

"fuck" carl swore loudly, and rylee could hear him stumbling around, "be there in five."

carl hung up the phone, and rylee began shoving clothes in a bag. She wasn't quite sure why, because she didn't plan on going anywhere, but she was stressed so she did it anyway. after a few moments of rylee pacing and shoving random articles of clothing in the already full bag, she heard yelling coming from the front yard, and immediately ran to the front door.

"let go of me, mickey!" ian yelled as mickey pulled him back after he had tried to run from them.

"where the fuck were you gonna go, ian?" mickey yelled, matching ian's energy.

Rylee hesitantly walked outside toward carl, who was standing by her car watching ian and mickey fight.

"alright, stop!" mickey yelled at ian who was still talking about needing to leave, "were going back to your house an were gonna fucking stay there."