3.3

Rylee and Carl we're walking past his house, toward the river. As they approached his street, they heard yelling coming from his front yard.

"you've gotta take your meds, Ian." mickey yelled in a pleading voice.

"they don't help." Ian retaliated.

"yes they fucking do." mickey yelled, taking a deep breath, "please just take the fucking meds."

"no, mickey." ian shook his head.

"ian come on."mickey pleaded, "please, i need you back to yourself okay.. i love you"

"what does that even mean?" ian sighed, standing up from the step.

"hey no. no, no, none of that shit, not again." mickey snapped, following ian as he walks into the house, "you get your ass back here so we can finish this conversation"

"should we go in there?" Rylee asked, after witnessing their little scene.

"nah, they're fine." carl shrugged.

When they arrived at the river, they laid down at their usual spot. Carl laid down all the way as rylee lit a cigarette.

"it's so fucking nice out," carl said, "im kind of enjoying global warming."

rylee rolled her eyes, then laid down next to carl, "can i ask you a question?"

"yeah, what's up?" he asked, grabbing the cigarette from rylee, placing it between his lips.

"are you mad that i haven't wanted to have sex lately?"

"what?" carl sat up on his elbows, "of course not. why?"

rylee shrugged, "you said something about it the other night."

"we could not have sex for the rest of our lives and i wouldn't be mad at you about it." he said, leaning over to leave a kiss to her lips.

"love you." she smiled at him.

"love you, too."

___________________________

"how are  you feeling?" rylee asked Ian as they sat in the kitchen together, getting coffee.

"mickey made me take my meds," he sighed, "so, like shit."

"it'll be better soon" rylee held out a piece of toast to him, but he shook his head.

"i need a cigarette." he sighed, standing up and walking out the back door. rylee followed, they sat in chairs set out there, smoking cigarettes.

"this is fucking annoying." Ian spoke up after a few moments.

"what is?" rylee asked.

"this shit. i thought i was better."

"you know there's nothing you can do," rylee said, "it just happens."

"happened to monica again, too." he told her, "i guess she's manic, she skipped town"

"how'd you hear that?" rylee asked him.

"her boyfriend called my phone." he chuckled.

"maybe it's something in the air." rylee laughed lightly.

"I bet you're next." ian joked, joining in on the laughter.

rylee rolled her eyes and took out another cigarette.

"wanna go for a drive?" she asked him after a moment.

"it's 12:30." he reminded her.

"i'm bored." she shrugged.

Ian laughed, "no, i don't wanna go for a drive."

"a jog, then?" she asked

"shit, maybe you are next."

"no, i'm not." she said quickly.

"you hadn't slept much, and you wanna go for a fucking jog right now," he said, taking a drag before finishing his sentence, "which is weird."

"i just had coffee, it's fine." she told him, standing up, "i'm gonna go find carl."

she walked inside, then upstairs to Carl's room.

"let's go for a drive." she said, as he sat on his bed, watching tv.

"where to?" he asked.

"i don't know, highways or something." she shrugged, "i have gas money."

"okay, let's go."

__________________________

they drove down the highway, loud music blaring through his speakers as rylee sang along with the windows and sun roof open.

carl reached out to the radio and turned the volume down a bit, but rylee immediately turned it back up. Carl rolled his eyes, "why'd you wanna drive?" he yelled.

She looked at him with a smile, but just continued singing along with the radio.

Carl reached out again to turn down the volume, this time rylee didn't stop him.

"You feeling good?" he asked her.

"yeah of course"

"how much longer do you wanna drive for?"

"we can go back whenever you want." she said quickly, he nodded.

"it's so beautiful out." she said, looking up through the sun roof.

"it's just dark." carl said plainly.

"the stars." she told him, as he made a U turn, heading back home.

_________________________

"you coming to bed?" carl asked as they walked into the house.

"bed?" rylee asked, not feeling tired at all.

"it's 2 am." carl reminded her.

"oh. i'll be up in a bit" she told him.

"okay" he mumbled, walking upstairs.

Rylee grabbed a soap and a rag, and began cleaning the dishes in the kitchen. She then ended up cleaning the entire kitchen, Mickey walking in the front door right as she finished.

"what the fuck are you doing?" he asked right when he walked in.

"do you think running the vacuum would really wake everyone up?" she asked, ignoring his question.

"yes, why are you cleaning?" he asked quickly.

"it's dirty in here, everyone's busy." she said plainly.

"not your house." mickey snapped, heading for the stairs.

"not yours either, but we both eat and sleep here, might as well clean the kitchen." she said, grabbing the vacuum, but mickey immediately grabbed it from her.

"go to bed." he told her, loudly.

"why are you getting in so late?" she asked, following him up the stairs.

"night, ry" he said quickly as he walked into Ian's bedroom.

Rylee sighed, and walked into Carl's room, sliding into bed next to him.

__________________________

(sos i am too high to tell if this is good or not. i apologize)