5.4

"Jesus, Carl." Rylee groaned when she was woken up to Carl's body flopping onto her bed after he climbed through her window. "It's fucking 5:43AM, go home."

"You said we could talk today." Carl reminded her.

"I meant between the hours of 9AM and midnight like a civilized human being." She grumbled into her pillow.

"Ry, baby, please." Carl begged, resting his head on her arm and his arm around her waist.

"Go back to sleep, babe, we'll talk in a few hours." She mumbled.

Rylee shifted to lean further into him, making him smile against her as he rested his head in the crook of her neck. Carl would have kept asking her to talk right now, but he felt that since she didn't seem to be particularly angry with him (just cranky because she had been woken up at this hour), and she'd cuddled into him, that it could wait a few hours.

Carl didn't fall back asleep like Rylee did, though. In fact, he hasn't slept all night, which is why he ended up at Rylee's house before 6am. He was going to wait longer, he really planned on it, but he got so impatient after sitting awake all night thinking about it. He was significantly less stressed out now, though, with rylee in his arms, breathing softly with her eyes lightly closed. Carl always thought it was weird how she always looked so good when she was asleep. He thought that he looked terrible while and after sleeping, his face would always have lines all over from smashing his face against a pillow or sheets, which he can't imagine would look too good while he was asleep, but he thought rylee looked just as beautiful asleep as she did awake.

Carl smiled lightly as he lightly rubbed her warm skin while he watched the sunrise slowly shine through the window, leaving a golden glow on rylee's face. He wanted to wake her up, just so he could kiss her for a minute, but he decided not to after remembering how tired she was when he first got there.  After a few moments, Carl adjusted again to lay with his head on her stomach and his arms close by, wrapped tightly around her waist, where he stayed until she woke up.

He quickly looked up at Rylee when he felt her begin to shift beneath him and groan quietly.

"Good morning, princess." He smiled, quickly leaning up to kiss her lips lightly.

"Is it past 5AM this time?" She asked sarcastically, lightly pushing his chest.

"I just didn't want to wait any longer, it was making me crazy." He told her quietly, keeping his eyes focused on her hand that was held in his own as he traced patterns onto her palm. "I'm sorry for waking you up so early."

"It's okay." She said simply, taking her free hand to push a few loose strands of hair out of Carl's face.

"Can we talk now?" Carl asked with a hopeful voice.

"Do you want to go eat some breakfast first?" Rylee laughed lightly, thinking that it might be a good idea to do at least one thing today before getting into an intense conversation.

"Not really." Carl mumbled.

"Well then, let's compromise." Rylee said, sitting up, "We can talk while I make breakfast."

Carl nodded quickly, standing up and following her into the kitchen, jumping at the chance to start this conversation any way he could manage to.

"Waffles?" Rylee asked as she opened up the pantry.

"Sure, I don't care." Carl said quickly, wanting to stop talking about food, and start talking about what he wanted.

Rylee rolled her eyes at his impatience as she turned on the waffle maker to heat it up. "Why don't you just start talking if you want, Carl."