4.3

"Isn't it just beautiful out here?" Shannon exclaimed, as she sat outside with rylee, carl, and her boyfriend, Daniel, who was grilling.

"No, it's cold." Rylee said bitterly, so Carl wrapped his arm around her as they sat on the front step. It was quite cold for an April day, and really windy, so Rylee was confused as to why they decided to grill. And she didn't like her mother's boyfriend, so she wasn't particularly happy.

"you know what won't be cold? Lake Michigan in June, at my Cabin!" Daniel says as if he was a character in a kids show. Rylee assumed that he was talking only to Shannon until she looked up to him staring at her.

"What?" rylee muttered, realizing that she would probably be forced to go to this man's cabin.

"Me, your mom, and you guys if you want at my cabin." He said, "it's super nice, beautiful beach, nice rooms. you'll love it"

Carl shrugged. He didn't really like this guy either, but he was rich so carl figured it couldn't be too bad, and he was invited.

"that would be so much fun!!" shannon smiled.

"i'll see what we have going on." Rylee told him, which really meant "I'll decide if I want to deal with your annoying shit to go to a nice cabin on a nice lake."

"alrighty roo!" He exclaimed, " let's go eat!"

_______

"he's so extra." Rylee groaned.

"he's not that bad." Carl shrugged.

"he's annoying." She looked at him on the other side of her bed, "and ugly. my mom could do way better"

"that's true." Carl agreed quickly, "but she seems happy."

Rylee just looked up at him with a half pout, half scowl. Carl realized that she was hoping for another response, so he just nodded for a minute.

"You're right. Nevermind," Carl said, trying very hard to act casual, "he sucks."

"do you wanna do the cabin thing?" she asked

"It sounds nice to go to a rich guy's cabin at the lake for a while." Carl shrugged, not wanting to give her a yes or no answer, because he didn't really know what she wanted to do.

"yeah, we might as well." she sighed, and laid down further.

"are you okay?" Carl asked

"Um, yeah." she nodded slowly, "why?"

"you've been quiet today." he shrugged

"yeah just kinda not feeling it."

"wanna go get high?"

___________________

"If we had a few more people, we could make the circle like that 70's show." carl smiled, handing rylee a blunt in one hand, and incense in the other.

"we could never compare." she shook her head. He just laughed, and they fell into a comfortable silence, both comfortable sitting quietly on the couch.

"i think i'm gonna quit patsys." rylee broke the silence after a few minutes.

"how come?"

"Daniel is paying for my moms shit now," she laughed, "so she said she'd give me $60 a week which is good enough for me"

"shit. I wish fiona would just give me money." He sighed, then said "actually, I wish fiona had money." they both chuckled as they exchanged the blunt and incense again.

"So, I'll just talk to you through the kitchen window, I guess."

"That's my favorite way to communicate."
____________________

(why is this so short

why can't i think of new drama to give
this story something fucking interesting

who knows

do u?)