6.1

"We are?" Rylee mumbled with wide eyes.

Shannon nodded at Rylee and Carl, who stood speechless.

"W-what?" Rylee muttered.

"You don't have to worry about bills or anything and-"

"Wait what is going on?" Rylee interrupted.

"Daniel and I thought you two should have a place to live during college," Shannon explained, then pulled out an envelope with a smile, "Since you both got accepted."

"What?!" Carl finally spoke, reaching for the envelope in Shannon's hand.

"I talked with Fiona about it, she gave me the paper." Shannon grinned at the excited boy.

"Holy shit." carl whispered, completely shocked that he actually got accepted to college. He and rylee had spoke about it before, but neither of them thought it would actually happen. Carl's eyes widened, realizing that he was going to live out their once unrealistic plans with rylee, and in their own shared apartment. "Holy shit!"

Shannon chuckled "What do you think?"

"How, uh, how are we affording this?" Rylee asked.

"Your father and I started a savings for you a long time ago, I thought this would be a nice way to use it." She explained, "Of course, the rest goes to tuition."

"Jesus, how much is there?" Rylee asked, surprised that they would even have enough savings for her to go grocery shopping, let alone an apartment and part of college tuition.

"Don't you worry about that." Shannon told her.

"We have an apartment?" She asked quietly.

"You have an apartment." Shannon nodded.

"We have an apartment!" Carl pulled rylee into a big hug, resting his head on her shoulder..

"We're going to college," He whispered, "We can get out of here, I can bring you to live in a good town."

"I love you." Rylee grinned, cupping his cheeks and pulling him into a kiss.

"And I love you." Carl told her right before she ran over to hug her mom and give her a kiss on the cheek, Carl doing the same.

_________________

Carl slowly shoved t shirts into a box, while Rylee quickly packed her things neatly.

"This is hard." Carl complained.

"I'm so excited." Rylee said, the smile not leaving her face.

"I hate moving." Carl mumbed.

"I can't believe we've got our own place."

"We've got our own place." He smiled, walking over to her, and she took a break from packing for a moment. "And I'm going to go to school, and get a good job so that I can keep our family away from this shit."

"I'm so excited to spend forever with you, you know." Rylee smiled, reaching up to wrap her hands around his neck as he leaned in to leave a chaste kiss to her lips, returning the smile.

"I'm so excited, too, babygirl."

_________

(this is rly short i know but i'm gonna probably put up the epilogue later today lol

love u)

ps pls buy me harry styles tickets thx