4.0

"Rylee, Baxter is here for you!" Ian yelled from downstairs, interrupting Carl and Rylee's watercoloring session.

"he only asks for you but this is literally my house." carl scoffs and sets down his brush, then stands up and helps rylee up.

"Good thing I finished my elephant." He said, looking down at his painting. Rylee laughed and grabbed his arm, leaving the room.

They walk down the stairs to find Baxter waiting for them near the front door, dressed in a red and white striped T-shirt tucked into his pants, which are a bit too loose and a bit too short. They were held up by a small belt, with his red socks visible up to a bit above his ankles. He had circles under his eyes, and his hair was messy with a cigarette tucked behind his ear. He always dressed weird and looked like he hadn't slept in days, but he still looked good.

"Hey!" he grinned widely and set his skateboard against the wall to hug them both.

"We're going to miss you!" rylee told him, even though Carl was lowkey glad that he's leaving. Ever since he told him that he was basically in love with rylee, he had been uncomfortable around him.

"I'm going to miss you too!"

"How long do you have?" Carl asked.

Baxter checked the time then lightly laughed and said "about 90 seconds."

"Shit," rylee laughed, "well you better text us and keep in touch this time."

"Absolutely." he smiled and kissed her forehead, and hit carl's shoulder in a bro-punch kinda way. He grabbed his skateboard and left after saying his goodbyes.

"You ready to go?" Carl asked once Baxter had left. They decided to go stay at Rylee's house for a while because she hadn't seen her mom for a while and her birthday was coming up. Carl had no problem with it though, there was never a reason they stayed at his house most of the time, they just did.

They walked over to her house, and had the house to themselves because it was pretty early, and her mom would be at work all day. They were sitting on her bed watching Bob's burgers, like they always do. After a few moments Carl spoke up.

"I'm bored." he said plainly.

"Me too" she nodded.

"This is all we ever do." he laughed.

"I know," she laughed too, then stood up, "let's find something to do."

She looked through the drawers in her room, hoping to find something that they could do. She opened another drawer and found needles and India Ink. She smiled, picking them up and showing carl.

"What? We're not injecting shit, rylee," he said quickly, "what is that?"

"you're a fucking idiot." she said, surprised that carl really thought she was suggesting to inject shit, "this is ink, Carl."

"What?"

"do you want a tattoo?"

Fifteen minutes later Carl was laying down on rylee's bed with her straddling his waist, and leaning up to poke on his tattooed onto his chest.

"you're lucky i don't have a pain kink with you sitting like that, repeatedly stabbing me with a needle." carl joked.

Rylee laughed, "pain kink, huh?"

"yeah it's wher-"

"i know what it is, carl" she laughed, stopping him before he explained it, "sit still, you're moving."

He stopped talking and she continued to go over the design, with him occasionally wincing.

"i still don't understand why you want this," rylee said, trying to get him to focus on something other than the pain, "but it's gonna look good."