epilogue

"Hey," Carl said quietly as he approached the back of the chair rylee was sitting in, in their shared apartment. "Ian and Lip are here."

"Where are they?" Rylee asked, a smile forming on her face.

"Out with Haylee and Matt." Carl said, referring to the couple that lives in the apartment next to theirs. They had met pretty soon after Carl and Rylee moved in, and became close friends.

"I missed you today." Carl said as he set his backpack on the floor next to her. "Classes were so long, you're lucky you're already done."

"You've only got a semester left." Rylee chuckled.

"Hows my baby?" Carl asked quietly with a smile, leaning down to kiss her cheek.

"She's good." she laughed lightly.

"Good." he nodded, then leaned down to place a kiss on the shirt that was stretched over the large bump on her  stomach. "And how's my other baby?"

"He's good." she grinned.

"Good, then." Carl kissed her forehead, and helped her up from the chair, "Let's go talk to my brothers."

__________

"Hear from mickey lately?" Rylee asked, sitting with Ian on their small balcony.

"He's been calling." Ian said vaguely with a small nod.

"And?"

"And," Ian sighed, "I haven't been answering."

Rylee nodded, not wanting to make him keep talking about something he doesn't want to. "Well, if you ever do decide to answer, tell him to come visit us."

"I will, ry." he smiled, "you know, we miss you guys a lot."

"We miss you, too." Rylee said, a small frown etching its way onto her face.

"I know you're not coming back." Ian said.

"What?"

"Carl's gonna finish school, and you guys are going to move somewhere nice, and get jobs there to start your family." he said, sounding very sure of himself.

"I- I mean, you're right." Rylee stammered.

"You guys are doing the right thing," Ian assured her quickly, "but we're gonna miss you at home."

"We'll miss you, too." she said, "We already do."

"Don't you dare come back, though." He said, "You've got a good chance with this."

Before Rylee could respond, Carl came out the sliding glass door, handing Rylee a taco bell bag, and sitting next to her. "Your tacos, baby."

"Fuck, I love you so much." She mumbled, grabbing a taco from the bag. She had suddenly got a craving for tacos, so she made Carl go on a quick taco run, telling him that he had to since his son was hungry, and if she has to share her food with him, Carl should make the taco runs..

Carl chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he sat on the arm of her chair. "Anything for my babies."

_______

(the end aw

i did it

i'll start the sequel in a bit, i'm gonna take a little break from writing for a minute, bc my mental health is wack rn

i don't wanna end the story or anything but first i gotta work on not ending myself lmao

love u all)