#1 The "Mate"

Thanks KittyOnKeyboard for this amazing trailer!  ❤

****
Ava shifts back in her human form, gathering her clothing, she quickly wears them behind a tree.

While crossing the pack border she immediately feels a presence around; making her alert. Her instincts kick in as she gets alert and changes her stance. She looks around and suddenly a wolf leaps in the air and comes in front of her and shifts.

Ava releases a sigh of relief and slowly a smile builds up on her face after looking at her best friend Dia who is currently putting on her clothes.

"It's been awhile since you last visited us." Dia speaks as she engulfs Ava in a bear hug.

"How did you guess that I'll be coming today?" Ava questions and a small smile forms on Dia's face.

"I know you Ava." Dia replies smugly crossing her hands against her chest.

"And?" Ava adds and she huffs releasing her hand and letting it fall down against her sides.

"Rachel couldn't stomach the news." She mumbles and Ava bursts out laughing and shakes her head, smiling at her friend's childish behavior.

At an age of nineteen they aren't children anymore; but Dia still has not grown. It was as if a ten year old soul is trapped in a nineteen year old body.

"Stop Laughing!" Dia whines as they make their way towards the pack house.

"Well now that you are here I must warn you; Alpha Ren will be in pack house all day as there's a meeting with the Alpha of Shadow pack. And I'm sure our Alpha won't be very happy with you being here at this time. You know how he despises your presence here." Dia warns and turns to try and gauge her friends reaction but fails like always.

***

Dia isn't unfamiliar with her tactics.
Ava always has been a tough cookie and hard to decipher kind of a girl. It's hard to know her real nature. Bi-polar is a word created for her. Maybe she is exaggerating a bit; but Ava is cheerful one minute and completely serious the next. One can never guess her reaction.

"So you mean to say that Alpha Ren is meeting with Alpha Elias?" Ava questions quickly, hiding the hurt behind her thinking face but Dia notices that and she knows that it hurts her that Alpha Ren can't accept Ava as his pack member.

She feels the fury building inside her at this thought but she knows she can't do anything for it.

She simply nods and they both walk ahead towards the nearing pack house.

***

As Ava walks inside the pack house, a familiar scent engulfs her; Rachel.

Rachel comes out smiling as she hugs Ava tightly and kisses her on her forehead. Ava is in bliss. To Ava Rachel is, both her father and mother combined in one and she is her only family. Though Ava remembers nothing about her biological parents, she remembers a little about her childhood. And that is that Rachel kept Ava with her, trained and taught her everything she knows today.

She have never been legally adopted and she had no idea why but she was fine with it as long as she got to stay with Rachel.

"Alpha Ren is busy in a meeting, he won't notice your presence" Rachel informs sensing the inner turmoil Ava is feeling, making Ava smile. Ava feels grateful to the moon goddess that she has Rachel in her life.

Rachel is in her early fifties and Dia is her daughter. Rachel met Ava in woods when she was small and all Ava knows is that Rachel immediately felt a pull and decided to keep Ava with her. She knows that even Rachel knew nothing about her biological parents or about her original pack but Rachel fought with everyone and kept Ava with her. And when Ava turned 16 and shifted the first time, Alpha Ren ordered her to leave the pack. No one knows why? And it is still a mystery to everyone, but no one dared to question their Alpha's decision. Since then, Ava became a rogue no longer a member of the Sun pack.