#41 The Countdown- Day Eight

Dedicating this chapter to Silverless because she is an amazing writer and you guys should check her book.

And, Myth-Mimi, Can't do it without you. Thanks Girl!
***

‘Alpha’ Ron mind links me and I immediately stiffen as I feel him rushing and his voice hoarse even while mind linking me. ‘Alpha Aaron with some help from the hunters is attacking the eastern area of the pack where the primary school is, we are outnumbered Alpha and… and the kids are... we need you Alpha’ Ron explains and I take a sharp breath as I think about the primary school and the little children those monsters.

I quickly rush down towards the parking lot with Elias following me. He probably knows it too because he can hear my thoughts. I hear him shouting orders to Eric and Shawn but my mind is numbed by worry and anger about what I have heard now. I leave the pack for just two days and this happens. Elias enters in the car with me and I see others getting in other cars to tail us.

I drive like a mad woman and Elias does not complain at all, in fact he keeps his thoughts to himself so I won't be bothered by his thoughts. I can also feel him trying to calm me down by suppressing my thoughts and I allow him for this once. I need control over my body if I have to handle the situation and be the Alpha that my pack needs now.

‘Ron how is the situation right now?’ I risk mind linking him even though I know he must be between a fight but I need to know what is happening there so I can analyze the situation and strategize.

‘It's getting worst. The hunters are having some sort of bullet that is killing us in one shot. I have never seen anything this before and it is very effective’ he replies.

‘I will be there Ron don't worry just hold on I will be there in five’ I assure as I see the cemented roads ending and I drive the car off the road towards the hidden narrow path leading towards my pack.

“Ava what’s the plan?” Elias questions as he glares outside before looking at me.

“Ron tells me that they have some sort of bullet which is killing us in one shot. We can fight the wolves but we either stay away from the hunters or kill them in one single swipe. That's the only chance.” I explain and he nods. I see his eyes glaze and I know he is mind linking somebody probably for backup.

We come to stop and I run towards the fight but I come to a stop as there are around fifty of my warriors left from my pack and who are now trying to fight. The rest of my warriors are all down on the ground shot.

Ron was leading the group who were fighting with a set of wolves. The wolves that now I realize are from power pack and my Gamma, Nick was leading the pack which are fighting the hunters.

Now I understand why they were so confident about attacking us. They have found a weapon to use against us so as to give them advantage in the fight and get into my territory and kill me. That's why Alpha Aaron was ready to let hunters into his territory.

Before I can rush towards the fight something urges me to turn my right and what is see shocks me entirely. The kids were everywhere some were crying, some were howling, some of running and some were out on the ground and lying without moving. I am praying that they are just unconscious. 

Christie was kneeling next to a kid holding the child and a hunter has his gun aimed directly at her head. Did they shoot the little kid?

“Elias, you and your pack go after power pack wolves I don’t see Aaron but he may show up later or hiding somewhere. This is just a little troop; I suspect more wolves are hiding somewhere be aware. Don’t underestimate” I warn and he nods and signals Eric and others to follow him.