#32 The Countdown - Day Thirteen

Hey!
Hello!
Hola!
Bonjour!
Namaste!
Ciao!
Salaam!
Salama Aleikum!
Olà!
ZDRAS-TVUY-TE.
Merhaba
Aloha!
*Sigh*

Which country are you from?
__
***

"Hello and Welcome to Sanctity Publishing. How may I help you?" The receptionist chirps in fake cheerful voice while fluttering her eyelashes at Kael and ogling. I roll my eyes looking behind Kael towards the entrance where Ron, Nick and Christie are standing waiting for Elias.

"Hello sweet cheeks, you know I am a very famous writer about to publish another bestseller. You think you can help me with it?" Kael places his elbow on the front desk leaning forward towards the girl.

The girl giggles and says "Yes, you are at the right place. I can..."

"Okay that's enough. We are here to meet Mr. Sanway" I Interrupt and the girl using all her strength finally tears away her gaze from Kael and looks up at me with a clearly visible distaste in her eyes.

"Do you even have an appointment? Our boss is a busy man" she replies sassily slapping her hand lightly on the front desk and pulling her little body up to meet my gaze.

Before I can reply a hand snakes it's way around my waist and pulls me closer to his body. I don't need to turn to identity the person.

"I am sure I don't need an appointment to meet him" Elias retort and she averts her gaze from me and her expression morphs from sassy to fear. She gulps and steps a little back from the desk and clears her throat before again fake smiling.

"Of- Of course Mr.Sanctity." she stutters and then quickly compose herself.

"I mean, I will just inform him" she cut short the conversation and turns to her right, placing the receiver on her ear she turns a bit looking at us before speaking and I guess that must be Mr. Sanway. All the while she gives us quick glances and then places the receiver down and walks around the desk and stands in front of us and says "This way Mr. Sanctity" and leads us.

"I certainly don't need your assistance to find my way in my office" Elias retorts as his already wrapped arms  pushes me a little before moving ahead with me in his arms. For once, I don't complain as he pulls me closer to him.

"Ugrh... Kael, come with us. Ron you wait here with others" I order and Ron nods.

I turn a little and see the receptionist looking at our moving backs with open mouth and glaring at no one in particular. Actually the whole office seems upside down as everyone is out of their cubicles and giving us surprised glances.
"Don't mind them. It's just that I have never been here with a girl in my arms" Elias explains blankly and with stiffness in his posture. He walks forward taking me with him, with Kael trailing behind us.

"And here comes the controlling, aloof and douchy owner of the company" Kael comments sarcastically and chuckles on his own joke a bit but quiets down after seeing me glaring.

Elias pays him no heed and shakes his head before walking inside the cabin of Mr. Sanway. He gets startled at the sudden interruption and looks complaining but again he quiets down looking at Elias. He gets up and comes around the desk and stands in front of us giving his hand to Elias. Elias takes his hand in a firm handshake and nods. Completely bewildered from Elias' aloofness Mr. Sanway then turns to me and gets even more baffled looking at the arm which is pinning me to the side of Elias.

"This is Avaline Norris, my girlfriend" Elias introduces me and I cough a little and face him raising an eyebrow.

"Girlfriend?! Last I remember I agreed on nothing to do with you. How did I become your girlfriend?" I whisper softly in his ear and he keeps a blank expression and leaves my question unanswered.