#10 The Familiar Stranger

AVA

“So you live in the pack house?” I ask my mate as we walking towards the dungeons for the interrogation.

“Well, I have to come here to do pack work so yeah most of the times I stay here. But I have a house, not so far away from the pack house. Someday I will take you there” he tells me while looking in distinct as if thinking something.

“You have any other siblings?”

“Nah” he waves as we become silent.

“What about your parents?” I ask again curiously as I have not heard anything about his parents.

“My parents died in an unfortunate incident. They were murdered. But that wasn't a fair fight; it was an act of cowardice. Dad was fooled and killed and my mother died because she wasn't able to handle my father's death” he whispers and his face cringes at the memory and he almost spat while saying 'cowardice'.

I don't know about my parents, where they are or what happened to them but I understand the pain of being without parents. Has it been my parents I would have gone for vengeance.

“I am sorry to hear that. You are the one who found them right. Did you also find who did it?” He nods and looks away giving the sign of dismissal and just like that the conversation was over.

The pack house and dungeons were so silent and that is expected so early in the morning. I am even surprised at how Elias, Stella reach there so fast and how those pack warriors were all present at the time of the rogue attack. Must be the chaos I created warned them. The pack warriors bows down at us in respect and I nod at them whereas Elias doesn't bothers.

The dungeon is long. And when I mean long it is really long; lots of cell with wolves inside howling at our presence and beating around the silver bars. We reach towards a circular region where the prison cells are all around.

“Here, this way” my mate calls me, I turn towards him and walk inside the cell.

The rogue that I had almost killed about an hour ago is now sitting on the ground tied with sliver chains.

“I am sorry, I wasn't able to recognize you Alpha” he whispers catching my attention.
“You belong to my pack?” I question as I squat down to his level. He shakes his head and I sigh, that's not what I taught my pack members thank god.

“My mate belongs to your pack; I came here to look for you. Then my beast came to surface and I wasn't able to control it. Thank you, you saved the little girl. I wouldn’t have been able to forgive myself if I would have killed her” he trails off and I nod in understanding. It's right, the rogues are beast. That's why we tame them. In my pack we teach members how to tame their inner beast and so they aren't like other rogues and they have capabilities to handle themselves.

“I understand your situation, but you need to know that what happened isn't right. Even though I know it's very hard to handle our inner beast there are lot of people who did it. Your mate in my pack knows how to handle her beast. That can't be taken as an excuse.” He nods and looks at his hands tied to the silver.

“That's why I was coming to you so you can accept and help me; but I guess I am too late” he whispers and my heart sinks. I know he had wrong intentions. At least he was trying to handle himself.

I look at Elias who isn't satisfied with my reaction. I am not surprised. Normally for Alphas rogues are bad news. They never go easy on rogues it's hard for them to even consider the rogues requests.

Elias understanding my confusion simply shakes his head. “No, I can't forgive him he will be punished for what he did. He almost killed a pack member that is a little girl of seven. Have you not seen Ava, how scared that little girl was? Don't expect mercy from me” I nod and stand back to my full height.

“I agree, we can grant him his life and in place of it, he can be your warrior. Rogues are best fighters, you know that. I will take responsibility of him and teach him then I will hand him to you. You need to understand what he did, isn't what he wanted and I know he isn't lying” I suggest as the rogue looks up at me with hope and admiration.

Elias thinks then nods his head saying “Okay I will give him a chance. Take him, train him, hand him to over to me. I will pass my decision in today's meeting” I smile, for the first time he listened to my suggestion and accepted it.

Mission accomplished.

“Thank you Alpha” the rogue bows down at both of us. With his eyes shining and I am sure we have got a faithful pack member today who will always beside his pack. I can smell it and I am sure Elias can too, that's why he looks confident with his decision.

“Come let's go” Elias tells me as he step away from the cell.

My birthmark suddenly returns back with the same itchy burning sensation which I had before but this time the sensation increases ten times and I almost yelp in pain.

“What is it?” Elias questions concerned as he steps towards me and holds my wrist.

“It's burning here” I show him my birth sign as I slip off my sleeves. The whole birthmark is actually burning. The circle around the birthmark is currently black as a burn mark and the inside of the circle is glowing in an orange reddish color. Elias looks at my birth mark in awe.

“What is this? I have never seen anything like this  before” he whispers softly his eyes glued to my skin as he slowly traces the pattern of my birthmark and the pain fades a bit as he touches it. I suck on a breath as the tingling sensation forms inside my stomach.

“I don't know. It has started burning since the day I met you”

“What does it mean?” he asks pointing at my birth mark.

“I don't know none of us know what it means.” I trail off as I look at the women sitting in the cell in front.

She looks as if she is going to die any second and barely is able to open her eyes. But something about her attracts me towards her. I want to go to her and embrace her and I have no idea why.

Elias follows my gaze and his eyes also settle on the women “This is the women who killed my father” he says his voice hard and with no emotion in it.

“What!? She!?” I question confused as I look at the lean and thin women who can't even open her eyes! She killed an Alpha? My curiosity is even more piqued and I want to know more about the women. “Why did she do that?”

“I don't know and she doesn't say and that's why I have still kept her. I want her to tell me the reason before I kill her” he sighs as he turns towards me.

“Come on let's go. How is the pain in your hand?”

“It's surprisingly okay now, after you touched, oh ignore me” I blush and walk towards the entrance of the dungeon and I am sure I heard him chuckle.