#21 The Escape

AVA

The pain keeps on increasing and increasing. I shiver as a cool breeze hits my body. But I'm unable to decide why I am feeling so cold?

Suddenly warmth fills my body and I absentmindedly clutch the cloth closer to me in desperate need to get rid of the cold and feel some warmth.

Still uncomfortable with the situation I twist and turn. Finally I give up and open my eyes. The moment I did, trust me, I wanted nothing more than to go back and close my eyes, sleep again and think that I am just dreaming.

I was back. Back in the same place I dreaded the most. The same cage I lived in, few years back. But only this time, I had company. A warm shawl was draped over me, and I was wrapped in it. I think that's what provided me warmth.

"Mischa!? What is going on in here?" I question my voice hoarse. I pull my body up balancing on my hands as I try to sit up.

Mischa glances down at me worriedly and yells at someone and something about a healer.

"Someone please tell me, what the heck is going on in here?" I asked loudly raising my voice with each and every word. Mischa flinches and looks down at her feet guiltily.

"Your friend here betrayed you. And you ended up here" a voice answers and I turn to my left to see a women who is also a prisoner sitting in the corner. Her face is without any emotion as she looks at other side of the cage.

"I don't understand, I don't remember anything" I whisper. I look up at Mischa with some hope that she will be able to clarify the situation. But as soon as I extend my hand to touch Mischa my eye falls on the cut marks on my wrist and everything comes rushing back to me.

"Oh my god I remember" I look up accusingly at Mischa and then at the women beside me.

"Well... Well... Well...look who is up? Don't expect any healer. You are a prisoner not a guest" a guard mumbles looking at me.

"I don't need a healer" I answer back raising an eyebrow at him.

"Oh better because our Luna isn't here" he says and suddenly looks to his right as he speaks of his Luna.

"Wait a minute; your Luna is a healer?" I question and he nods.

'Then why do Xander needs me when his own mate is a healer? The pieces aren't connecting. There is something going here and Xander is part of it or maybe he is the one planning everything. And none of us knows what? I need to find it out. But before that, there is another matter in hand. Like getting out of this cage' I finish my rant in my mind.

"Hi I am Ava. Though we had a quite ro... rou... rough start, I hope we can be on better terms." I introduce myself to the women beside me, partially because I want to name the prisoner. Also because I might need her help to get out of this awful cage. But she doesn't even look in my direction and scoffs. Well there goes my attempt.

"What time is it?" I ask to Mischa and she shrugs and says "No idea" I nod.

Mischa looks at me again, slumping down on the ground. She looks hesitant but asks "Aren't you going to ask me? Why I did, what I did and all? Don't you hate me?". She enquires looking anywhere but at me. She frowns and then looks at the prisoner lady.

I scoot closer to her and place my hand on her shoulder comforting her.

"I know there must be a reason Mischa. Now is not the time. Right now we need to plan to get out of here. We need to be together and trust each other".

The prisoner woman scoffs again and shakes her head.

I turn towards her and ask "Will you help us?" She smiles a half arrogant smile and looks in other direction.