#31 The Revelations

Ava:

The lack of fresh air woke me up as I lay on the bed gasping. The lights are off and the curtains are drawn cutting off the direct sunlight and leaving the room in dark. I use my werewolf vision to see things and that's when I notice my clothes or the lack of. With a gasp I pull the cover up to my chest hiding myself while I sit straight on the bed that’s when I notice the condition of my room. In one word, it is simply awful; the pillows are thrown on the ground, bed sheets are messed up and my clothes are scattered on the ground. Not only that the wooden floor seems scraped thoroughly it seems as if someone scraped it with their nails. The headboard had a huge punch mark and the door to my room is coming out of its hinges.

I don't remember any of the fiasco that has made my room look like it went and came out of meat grinder I think as I pull myself off the bed with the sheet and bend down to grab my clothes.

“Hmmm… Ava?”

I shriek loudly at the voice and quickly duck beneath the bed to hide from the intruder. Then I realize I know that voice and ask with anger in my voice “Elias? What are you doing here?!” And I reach for my clothes from under the bed and start pulling my clothes on hiding from Elias. Once I dress I slowly come out from under my bed. When I get no reply I turn on the bedside lamp.

Elias is lying on the other side of my bed facing me with the covers pulled up to his torso revealing his naked chest. I try not to linger my gaze on his naked chest but I fail miserably.

“Ahem… Ahem…” a very amused Elias coughs dramatically making me look up at him.

It is then my mind catches up something and it keeps repeating the same thing. And I pull myself together and ask “So?” I question sitting on the side of my bed facing him as the one scenario keeps repeating in my mind his naked body, my naked body and my heat.

“No, we didn’t” Elias says sensing my inner battle.

“How did you…”

“You are looking down at my torso then at yourself and the bed and then repeating the glances again” he explains.

"When we mate it will be with your consent and mutual feelings not because of heat."He then adds as an after thought and I nod; grateful.

“Ava... I am sorry” he apologizes softly when I don’t respond he looks at me and notices that I am not paying attention towards him.

I simply nod and turn away from him and rummage through my bed side drawer looking for absolutely nothing but at the same time trying to show that I am busy.

“Come on don’t give me the cold shoulder, I am really truly sorry. I know I acted wrong…”

“SORRY!!! You are sorry?” I snap turning around facing him.

“That’s it? You are sorry, and you think with that I will run back in your arms?” I scorn and stand up. He lazly sits up on the bed with a sorry face that I ignore.

“I am really grateful that you came when I was in pain and needed you. Now, Get Out.” I speak with sweet sugary voice filled with venom.

He flinches at my tone and curses before running his hand through his hair.

“It’s not like what you think Ava I was confused and I needed time. I never meant for you to leave my damn pack. I just asked you to leave my office at that moment” he puts his point and I scoff loudly folding my arms against my chest.

“If you think I am dying to talk to you then you need to reconsider” I say and turn “And fix my door” with that said I walk in the washroom without giving him another glance and my head held high.