#37 The Mystery Behind Rachel's Death

#Alex: The banished juvenile who challenged Ava for her position back in chapter three and wants her dead.

#Axel Cortex: May's husband and leads the group of hunters. They are under a peace treaty with the werewolves, which states that the job of hunters is just to keep the werewolves in check and keep them hidden from the human world.

***
Ava

"I had my doubts that the humans themselves can't do that much damage. Now we have a clue against the person involved in killing Rachel." I stop pacing around my office and finally settle down on my chair placing my head in my palm.

"What do you mean?" Elias questions me looking curiously at me.

"When you nod your head yes but you wanna say no what do you mean" Kael sings in the background and Elias glares in his direction successfully shutting him up.

"Sorry" Kael mumbles and slumps down on his seat.

"Yeah I know that I let you down.
Is it too late to say I am sorry now?" I finish and both of them look at me while trying to keep a straight face and suddenly we all burst into laughing hysterically.

"Okay Okay I am done" I speak in between and wipe off the tears from my eyes.

"Seriously Ava, what did that mean?" Elias questions again and I sit up straight in my chair balancing a file in one hand and my phone in other.

"I am going to meet the man who can help us understanding this situation" I stop and look at the door towards Ron who just entered in my office. "Are you ready Ron?" I ask and he replies a "yes".

"I asked Ron to find out about May's husband. We are going to see him" I finish and hear a 'Are you Kidding me' and 'What?' simultaneously coming from Elias and Kael.

"You got to be kidding me Ava, it's like giving your head in lion's mouth" Elias growls and I wave it off, suddenly more interested in the carpet below.

"Relax, May will be with us" I answer and again hear a 'What?' in background coming from Kael.

"Can you explain it Ava so that I don't kill myself while worrying about you" Elias asks exasperated and throws his hand in the air making his point.

"It's Alex, Elias. I didn't think about this earlier but a human and specially a hunter can't enter a pack house without being found that too in a strong pack like sun pack. It has to be someone who knows the pack like the back of his hand" I explain and place both of my palms on the table and lean on the table.

"I don't know how I didn't think about this earlier when it was right in front of my eyes. I feel like a dumb person" I rant and shake my head feeling stupid.

"Are you sure?" Elias questions suspiciously and narrows his eyes at nothing in particular. He must be thinking about the situation trying to connect the dots that I have connected just now.

"Yes it all adds up now. The only person who can do this is Alex..."

"Or his mother" Ron adds in between.

"...he has his reasons" I finish.

"Well I know for a fact that it is Alex." this time Kael says firmly.

"Well then the mystery is solved. Now why are you going to that hunter then?" Elias questions leaning on the desk imitating my position.

"If he is out of this as May claims, we will need his help" I answer and Kael says something like 'You can ask me.' but we both ignore everyone else in the room at the moment.