#5 The fight.

AVA

I don't know for how long I practiced, but when I returned back to the pack house everyone was already having dinner. But what mattered was my mate was not present on the dinner table.

I shrugged he must be working or something. But it's very late, he should eat. But who cares right? 

How can his pack members eat without their Alpha? Is this his habit total workaholic? Should I say something to him? But who cares? I don't.

‘Right’ Lina snaps. I move past the pack members directly towards my little cozy room, I am in a strict need of a shower.

After showering I become worried about clothes as I have no clothes, come on! I was abducted, not on a holiday that I will have my clothes. I came out of washroom with nothing but with a towel on my body and a small towel draped on my head in turban style and move towards the closet in my room.

Maybe Mischa would have been more gracious and kept some clothes for me? Who knows? I open the closet to find it actually filled with clothes which are all of my size. And I have got no idea how she knows my size! Should I be worried? It's creepy.

I slip on the undergarments and look for clothes appropriate for night. I wear shorts and a cute purple T-shirt which basically covers most of the short. Just then my stomach growls indicating that my training was hard and I need to feed my tummy.

The pack house now looks like an old abandoned home with no one present in the hall or kitchen and in total darkness. I swiftly walk inside the kitchen to check if there is any food left for me. Even before I enter the kitchen I sense someone's presence in it and as I near the kitchen, my senses alert me of the person inside the kitchen.

“What are you doing here?” I question as I look at Elias who is currently pulling a dish out of microwave. He places two plates on the kitchen slab and removes the content of microwave and serves it.

“Anyone with eyes can see what I am doing” he retorts. Jeez. For once, can’t he talk normally without sarcasm?

‘Look who is talking. The one who can't live a single hour without sarcasm’ Lina snaps. And I inwardly roll my eyes at her.

“Come” my mate beckons me and moves towards the dining table.
He places the dishes and settles down while he points towards the chair on his left with his chin indicating me to sit there where he has placed the second plate with the food.
Who am I to reject a proposal of dinner with my mate? He tears his meat neatly and takes it placing in his mouth and I stare at him as a fool finding all of his actions totally incredible. The keyword is, like a fool.

He cocks his brow and I snap out of my trance and take a bite out of my food moaning in appreciation, the cook here definitely cooks very good.

“So…” he begins and looks up at me “…about this fight, that's going to happen tomorrow”

“Oh don't worry about me I will manage just fine” I cut him off replying smugly as I take another bite of my food.

“No I actually wanted to ask what the rules are?” he retorts as the corner of his lips pull up a little.

“Oh...the…rules? Yes right the rules” I stop once I understand I am babbling.

I never saw him smiling and this was closest to a smile on his face. And let me tell you it is mesmerizing.

“There aren't any rules. I make the rules so it depends on me” I answer him after a moment as I calm my wolf.

“Oh…So you're ready for the fight, I suppose”

“Hmmmm I am. Not to be overconfident but I guess, I will manage just fine” I reply as I look down at my plate thinking about the members who wants to fight against me. I don't want to kill any of them. I haven't killed anyone ever. Well, except animals. My pack has been peace loving so we never involved ourselves in any war. Maybe that's the reason few members think I am not capable of being their commander or Alpha as they call me.

“Ahem” my mate coughs bringing my attention to him.

“Sorry...I zoned out. So you were saying something?” I ask softly.

He nods as he places his fork and knife on his now empty plate.

“I am sorry for behaving that way yesterday. Let’s just say I had a hard day” he says and he rises and takes the plate from the table and moves towards the sink.

“Its fine I guess. I don't mind you know it's not like I want to be your Luna” I say as I too get up and go place my plate in the sink.
And suddenly two hands grips my shoulder and I am pushed back on the wall.

“What do you mean you don't want to be my Luna?” he asks his face just inches away from mine.

“I mean exactly what I… I told you. I...I don't wanttt… you” I stutter because of our close proximity and as I inhale I can smell his scent which calms my erratic heartbeat.

“So you want to reject me?” he asks his voice soft and emotions flashes in his eye as he looks down directly in my eye.

“No, I don't want to” I whisper trying my best to sound convincing.

“You are confusing me here” he growls out as he releases me in one swift motion and steps back placing his hands on his head.

“I can't...”

“Why?” he questions as he again steps close while I'm glued to the wall for the support.

“You won't get it” I reply unsure of myself.

“Is it because of yesterday? I know I acted like an asshole. I have been waiting for you for so long and then I see you, now that I have decided to mate with Stella. I was confused and then you ran away from me!  Damn it!” he punches the wall beside me and spits out the last part, growling.

I understand his inner turmoil. Now that I think of him, the rumors of him being cold hearted and all were just that, rumors and nothing more.
He is full of emotions and yes even if I don't want to I still understand why he behaved the way he did yesterday. But I am still not over the fact that he chose Stella over me yesterday.

Would he have chosen Stella, if I haven't shown him my other side?
Would he still have been here has I not proven my strength?

“What about Stella? Huh?” I question as I step ahead towards him with equal fury in my eyes.

And he has the decency to actually hang his head low in Shame.

“The pack needed a Luna, you need to understand. She's a strong wolf and perfect for the role.”

“She is strong but I don't know if a right fit. I don't think she has any talent of being a Luna.”

“And you think you have all the talents? At least she doesn't runs away from her responsibility” he spits out.

“Oh so you think, I am running from my responsibilities? You need to reconsider this whole situation then” I spit back and I turn and walk towards my room and once I reach I slam the door of my room as I plop down on the bed calming my anger.
____________________________

Hey everyone..!
Guess what, I'm so ecstatic today!
#90 in werewolf! Thank you for reading my book!
Hope you all like the book. ^_^
Comment me your views!
Love, Cera. ❤