#36 The Countdown- Day Eleven

AVA

I feel immerse amount of pain in my head making me groan loudly and clutch my head tightly in my palms.
I try to open my eyes but I can't seem to open my eyes or see anything other than the darkness behind my eyelids. I place my hand on my eyes and rub it, trying to ease out the pain.
The ache in my head is still nagging me but I ignore it as much as possible and slowly I try and open my eyes to my huge bright window with the sun glaring down at me; my eyes involuntarily closes at the sudden amount of light and I hide my eyes using the back of my palm.

"You are awake" a soft voice speaks and I turn to find my mate standing at the door holding a little white box in his hands.

He drops the box as soon as he makes eye contact with me and rushes forward towards me and pulls me to him, holding  me tightly in his arms even before I can react. 

"You are awake" he breaths still not believing the fact and kisses the top of my head once, twice and then thrice while still holding me close to him. 

"How are you feeling? Do you want water? Are you hungry? Oh how stupid of me, you need the painkiller isn't it? Of course you... "

"Stop it Elias let me speak!" I shout exasperated and move back from his hold glaring at his arm which is still placed on my waist. 

His hand quickly retraces back at my glaring and he stops speaking and looks down at me worriedly.

"Are you sure you are fine?" he asks softly before pulling his bottom lip inside his mouth and sucking on it. His eyes still on my face as if trying to scrutinize me. 

"Yes" I breathe and move across the bed to go to other side of bed and take the glass placed on the bed side table. 

"Water, yes of course!" Elias nods and quickly stands up holding the glass of water.

"Thanks" I croak out gulping the liquid. Elias pauses and looks up at me smiling softly. He raises his hand and wipes my lips before softly brushing his thumb against my lips.

Leaning ahead towards me he pecks my lips leaving a tingling sensation behind. 

"Elias" I call as he hums and places his hand on my waist and kisses my forehead before holding my head and pushing me against his chest.
He lays his chin up on my head and rubs my back.

"I am fine, don't worry" I say as he pulls me even closer to his body and places his head in the crook of my neck; sniffing.  

"No, you are not" he states releasing his hold on me and looks down at me in my eye. He places both his palm on my cheek and looks straight in my eye.

"Don't you ever pull that stunt on me again" he warns and I frown in confusion.

"What happened?" I question and he pauses and looks towards the window behind me. 

"I was so scared Ava, seeing you so unresponsive and numb on the ground. I can't even explain it to you; it felt as if someone was ripping my life from me and I can't do anything. I have never felt so helpless before. And I don't ever want to go through that phase again" he mumbles placing his forehead on mine. 

"It's okay Elias, I am right here and perfectly fine" I comfort.

"You remember what happened to you?" he questions and suddenly, as if someone had turned on the switch of my brain, everything came back to me and before I can think, I am up on my feet. Elias, who is still sitting on the bed looks at me in confusion because of my abruptness.

"I need to go" I mumble and massage my head to get some relief. 

"To where?" he questions still confused and stands up.