#18 The Fest Part-2

A/N -
I have decided that I'll be publishing a chapter on every Tuesday, one a week rather than twice a week.
Because I have a busy schedule right now and I need to manage my time
Hope you'll understand.

⚫____________________________⚫

You know that moment of your life when you are facing a situation and you are in a big dilemma of whether to explain yourself and fall right in the trap or stay quite and face the consequences.

I am stuck in the same situation.

Xander played it well here.

"I want Ava." He demands.

"Because I have heard of her skills and I need her extra healing skills." He adds and my stomach churns at the thought of going with him.

No one knows him the way I do. It's all a facade. I doubt if he needs my healing skills, I know he wants me back for some unknown reason.

He played it well because he knows Elias can't say him No. Not in the pack meeting. It's against the rules of the fest.

Fest is celebrated to bind everyone together and Elias being the organiser if refuses to help, the whole purpose of fest will fall apart.

This is the moment I regret not telling Elias about my horrific past with Xander.

I kept myself hidden from Xander for a long period of time, I had no idea he will find me one day and I'll have to go to him, willingly.

Elias looks at me silently asking for my permission. And however hard I want to refuse, I can't. I can't explain my inner turmoil. I can't tell Elias right now about what happened two years back between Xander and me. I can't. Not in the pack meeting! Damn it.

I need to wait for the right opportunity to tell Elias, but I know it's still out of his power to refuse. I can't do it, but it was my first step towards creating my position Infront of all the Alphas, if I refuse it I'll loose the opportunity. And I'll never be able to have their support when the time comes to fight against those Humans.  

"So?" Xander questions and everyone around the table starts whispering probably about my unknown ability of healing.

Wait. Unknown Ability? Yes, no one outside my pack knows about my healing skill except Elias, Dia and Alpha Ren. Even in my pack only my trustworthy members knows the extent of my healing capacity. How does he knows about my extra healing skills?

I know Alpha Ren strongly protested against my presence in his pack but he never disliked me. He did that just for the pack's safety. I know I can trust him with my secret and Dia will never let out my secret. How does he knows about it then?

"If Ava agrees to go with you, I am okay with it. But I have no say in this." Elias answers pulling me out of my chain of thoughts.

He probably sensed my discomfort as he places his hand on mine under the table, giving a light reassuring squeeze.