#39 The Mark

Recap: In the last chapter Ava decides that she is ready to bear Elias's Mark. Later in the chapter she also discovers that her birthmark contains the similar pattern as she has seen in her vision. She is currently confused if she can bend water and fire as she saw herself doing in her vision, or not.

Warning: Chapter not at it's best. Will Edit this properly later.

Quick Editing Credits to my cousin AkshitaSri
Thanks Di for doing it at such a short notice. ♡

Song of the chapter: Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

***
I nearly shrieked seeing Kael suddenly in front of me but I quickly press my palm against my mouth muffling any sound.

"Hey Cara." He greets and walks past me inside Elias's penthouse.

He whistles lowly looking at the interior and gets comfortable on the soft sofa.

"Ron told me everything." He answers the question that's piping inside my head and I nod in understanding.

In the morning after I discovered the fact about my birthmark, I called Ron and told him everything about my vision and my recent findings about the probability of me having the power to bend fire and water.

He must have told that to Kael considering he is an elemental and my brother.

"So..." I stop beside him and look at his carefree face. "You're not angry at me?" I question and he smiles getting up on his feet.

"I was never angry Cara. I couldn't be, I was just..... Hurt."

"And that's even more worse.." I sigh and he shakes his head and cups my face.

"No. It's not. It was not entirely because of you, I had a little hope for the day when Axel gets to know about May. But it took me off guard their reaction...." Pausing he looks at my side and closes his eyes for a moment before he opens them and looks back at me; smiling.

"But right now we have other things to take care of. Let's go and see if you are an elemental too? Hmm?" I nod not missing his pain but nevertheless I turn to grab my jacket.
It's getting little chilly out here.

"Where is Elias?" Kael questions looking around.

"He had to handle some business, he'll be back in evening." I answer slipping the jacket on me.

He nods and we step out of penthouse and drive to the nearest forest.

"It's perfect place to practice. Now come." He climbs out of the car and scans the area before looking back at me.

"Come here." He calls and walks to the clearing in the forest.

Surprisingly this area is filled with wild orchids! Wow. So many different shades of them and this makes it all look so picturesque. It's just....Wow!

Without giving me time to explore the place he stands behind me and pushes his knee ahead hitting my calf.

"Stretch your legs a little, stand in a fighting stance." He demands and I comply, nodding.

"Good, now close your eyes and take a deep breath." He asks and I nod doing as asked.

"Why do you think Alpha James will help you Cara?" He questions suddenly and I detect his sound coming from behind me.

I open my eyes and turn a little looking at him over my shoulder.

"Why do you ask that?" I question tilting my head to side, a little.