#44 The Countdown- Day Seven

Dedication to  MagicalTulip because her book is really good and if you love reading Mafia based books.. (like me..) go on check her book. You won't be disappointed.

***

"Alpha Chris of Nightfall pack and Alpha Ren of Sun Pack can help us but for that we need to meet them and explain your intentions of How you don't want to rule over them and how all of this is not fair to you, Alpha" Ron suggests me.

"I know Ron but we don't have time to go to each of them individually and explain."

"We know that Alpha Mason and Alpha Aaron are working against us. We aren't sure about others. We can approach them." Ron suggests and I narrow my eyes thinking about it.

"That's a risk I am not willing to take. They may be working with them for all we know. Then what? We will be in their territory unprotected." I say and look at Ron. "So here is what we are going to do, I want a meeting between all the Alphas."

"But they will never come here." He points out.

"They will come to Elias's pack after all he is their enforcer/guardian being the strongest leader and all that. They can't say no to him after all it was them who elected Elias.""I will ask Alpha Elias to do that. That means you will have to go back to his pack for the meeting." Ron says and I nod.

A sudden knock interrupts us from talking further and I command the person to come in.

The women who enters makes me gasp in surprise as I look at my biological mother standing in front of me and she looks nothing like last time we saw each other.

Her clothes fitted her perfectly and there is some color in her cheeks. Her skin is shiny and tanned and her body is lightly built.
She looks healthy.
And so much like me, with her brown hair in beach waves, natural red lips and same face structure as that of mine.
Her Eyes though were just like Kael's.

I signal everyone to leave and they bow their head before leaving.

She smiles sweetly as she enters in my office and closes the door behind her. I fight the urge to smile back but give up at last and stand up on my full height smiling back.

"How are you feeling Cara?" she asks as she ditches the seat I was pointing to and instead rounds the table reaching out to me. Taking my hand in her's and rubbing it, she stares at my face.

"I am.." I gulp "I am fine." I say finally breathing and nodding in finality.

She stares at me for few seconds before I see her eyes watering and she leaves my hand. Running her hand through my hair she leans and kisses me on my forehead before retreating back and sitting on the chair I pointed at first.

"How are you?" I ask suddenly feeling as if I have nothing to say.

She smiles as she sits down. "I am fine" she answers softly and then looks at my neck.

Her eye widens for a second but it quickly changes in her eyes softening and she nods in acceptance.

"You are marked" she points out and I nod still standing and looking down at my mother. "I am happy for you" she adds and I smile while I sit.

Silence engulfs us but I don't feel the nervousness. It's a bearable silence, one that we both can survive.

We look at each other before I cut the eye contact and look down at the papers scattered on my desk and the mess it is.

"You are so much like your father" she speaks breaking the silence and surprised, I look up. It's the first time I'm hearing anything about my father and this excites me.