#11 The Smell Of Death.

Elias

‘Ava’ one word, one name, one person and one Alpha and now my whole existance.
Since the day I met her, I have been in denial not because she was weak or she is a rogue. Those things don’t matter to us. But our past matters.

After what happened to my parents, it's safe to say that I am scared to think about having a mate. Not that I will ever express this emotion to anyone but I have been scared; scared of feelings and emotions, scared of depending on that one person for my peace of mind and existence, scared of allowing someone to enter into my life.
One who ruined it a woman who was caused my demise. How can another woman heal me? Repair me?

I can’t forget the years I spent without my parents and when I had to run away and live in woods alone.
I am strong because I was left to face the dangers alone since I was what, Five or Six? Mischa was lucky, she was with her grandparents back then and they were so far that they couldn't contact me.
I was alone with no parents and a woman after me to kill me. With no support from my own pack.

I wasn't able to shift when I ran away to save my life.
When I shifted at age of eight, survival became easy. For two years I had survived without my wolf. I had learned about the forest and its creatures.
Their habits, mode of survival everything and as a kid the wilderness and other animals thought me how to survive. And when I shifted my wolf was strong because of the Alpha blood also smart because of my knowledge.

Now here I am, the strongest Alpha. But who knew, I am scared; scared of Love. Give me hate I will survive. Give me Power I will wield it. Give me a beast I will take it and tame it. Give me segregation I have learned and emerged from it becoming stronger and I will survive again.

But give me a woman to love and care and cherish, a mate? That's why I preferred Stella, because I don't love her. I don't feel anything for her. I am not scared that she will enter in my life. She doesn't have that capability. The capability of entering in my life and hurting me is present with one and only women.

Ava.

Avoiding her was a natural thing for my mind and did just that. Though controlling my wolf has been the toughest job throughout the time. But not anymore as something in her enchants me too not just my wolf. It wants me to give into her, to believe her, to trust her, to love her, to cherish her, to worship her. I feel like a love sick person. Damn me.

Taking chances isn't wrong right? I don't know. I can fight a war but being with my mate? It's something I always thought that I won't let it happen and now that she is in front of me, I can't stay away from her.

I want her. I want to feel her. I want to understand her. I want to wake up next to her and sleep in her arms. I want to know what she thinks of me.

That night in the club wasn't enough. I want her all to myself. Now that I had her once, my wolf can't stop till he has his mate with him and same goes for me. Damn it!

“Alpha, are you busy?” my beta asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

“No, what is it?” I ask as he steps inside.

“The Dark pack is becoming a problem for us Alpha. They keep on trying to enter our territory and few spies have been caught too. We need to do something before this matter gets out of our control” he explains as he places few files and pictures on my desk.

“Right, I want to enquire those spies arrange for it. Also I want a pack meeting tomorrow, we will discuss about this in the meeting” I answer holding the pictures.

“These are the pictures of the spies, they are in the dungeon. We can go and enquire them but before that I need to tell you something important” he says and I tear my attention from the pictures and provide him my full attention.

“Dark pack alpha has been contacting some Rogues. The rogues in their beast form are danger for us. I don't know how but he is joining hands with rogues against us. His motive to attack us is unknown” he warns leaving me in myriad of thoughts.

“What do you suggest?” I ask placing the pictures back inside the file and giving him my undivided attention.