#45 The Sudden Changes

Ques. Why do you like this book? As in you like the storyline or drama or twists or whatever you like. (Just Curious. Lol)
***

It took me long to assure mom that I am fine and nothing happened but internally I am shaken up with the new found knowledge.

Kael and James both are my other halves.

I understand the fire and water confusion of my dream. The truth is I can't generate them but I can bend them. Kael and James are the elemental who knows how to produce it and they are supposed to be my strength.
At least that's what I have deciphered on my own.

I need to bring this out in front of others so that we can finally figure out the mystery behind my vision and about the warning.

I have no idea how to prepare myself, should I workout more or continue my daily practice?
I need assistance and I don't know who can help me. Maybe Elias can teach me some tricks at fighting after all he has experience but is that what she meant when she asked me to prepare myself right?
To increase my strength?

I sigh and think about mom to give my mind some rest. I feel relaxed and happy and I haven't felt this for long time. I smile at nothing in particular and pick the pen before I start preparing the speech I need to give in the meeting. Elias must be preparing for the meeting and now I need to handle two things before meeting.

Kael and Regina.

I put my pen down and bundle up the papers, neatly stacking them; I place them in a file and leave my office.

"Regina?" I knock as I stand at the threshold of her guest room which is already open and she is sitting on the desk writing something. She places the pen down and turns to me.

"We need to talk now" she nods and stands up when I enter in the room.

"You can test me however you want so that I can prove my loyalty." she speaks before I can say anything and I close my mouth locking my jaw and giving her a flat look.

"Aren't you too smart Regina?" I narrow my eyes as she walks towards me and sighs.

"I know trusting me is hard but I am ready to prove myself" she speaks softer this time but with sternness in her tone making me look down at her eyes. Her voice didn't waver nor did she flinch, she looked straight at me when speaking.

While interrogating someone we look at their body language to know if they are lying or not.

Regina here is the epitome of perfection and that is fishy. As if she is deliberately trying to prove herself honest.

"I give you the benefit of doubt, Regina. But don't think even for a second that I won't be keeping my eyes on you. One wrong step and you will be dead. No trial" I warn and she simply nods. No sign of fear or nervousness.
Anyone in her position would have felt some type of dread at least or maybe tried to rethink their decision for a second but nope, not her. I nod curtly at her before leaving the room. I mind link Christie telling her to place one of our female warrior with Regina at all time.

If Regina is trustworthy then she is an asset for us in the war but we must be sure that she is working for us. I can smell no pack on her, making her a rogue but that could be their plan and I can't just simply accept her in my pack not at this time.

I was walking to the hall to get an update when I hear someone coming.

"Cara" Kael calls he looks worried but still in his own element.

"Kael" I acknowledge and he walks to me before looking at his back.

"Lilian is new to this and just recently got to know about the presence of our species. Please be easy on her." he pleads and I give him one of my stern looks which means I will do what I see is fit.
He shakes his head before looking over his shoulder and nodding at someone.