#28 The Road to Home

A/N
Early Update because,
I won't be able to update on Tuesday.
Enjoy! And comment your views and don't neglect that little star button right over there. ;)

Ava

When your journey isn't planned it becomes your nightmare.

I'm experiencing the same. The distance from Elias's pack to mine is not the problem but convincing the patrol guards and other warriors was a huge task. I do not wish for Elias to know about me leaving his territory, otherwise I would have lagged and when it comes to my pack I don't tolerate slacking.

Once I cross Elias's territory I strip and strap my backpack on my back and shift. Then I clutch my clothes in my mouth and I sprint towards my pack.

Halfway towards my pack, all of a sudden a movement distracts me. From my hind sight I quickly scan the area looking for any possible threat.

'What was that? My instincts tell me there is something.' Lina comments and we slow down a little just to make sure that there is no harm coming our way. And suddenly a rush of air passes from our right behind the tree.

'Definitely something is there.' Lina states. I ignore her but we slow down a bit more.

Whatever this is, it is waiting for our attention else it would have been gone by now.

A log of wood suddenly falls in front of us narrowly missing us as we jump back. Before we could decipher anything out of the situation a brown wolf is seen behind the log.

'Now who is this?' Lina asks.

'I wish I knew Lina. You're the wolf right, you tell me.' I retort and she scoffs.

The brown wolf then leaps over the log and lands perfectly in front of us. We stand alert in our fighting stance. But then we make the eye contact and suddenly it's clear to me; the identity of the person.

'What? Who is it?' Lina asks.

'It's the brown-eyed man!'' I exclaim.

'Huh!'

'The brown-eyed from Xander's pack. The guy who was with Keeva.' I explain.

She gives him a low growl warning him. But the wolf doesn't budge or reciprocate.

'What does he want?' she questions again.

'Stop asking me Lina! I don't know!'

And the wolf in front simply shakes his head and steps back as if he is laughing at my fighting stance and stubbornness.

He motions towards a tree and I narrow my eyes at him. Then the wolf grunts and walks towards the tree. And then we realize what he meant.

'He was asking us to shift.' Lina says.

'No shit Sherlock.'

'No one values me. You must be the only human who is so sarcastic with her wolf.' Lina whines and I smile softly. My existence is nothing without her.

Between this the brown eyed man has slipped on a trouser and walks in front of us.

"Shift Cara." he demands and I internally roll my eyes but nevertheless comply with his demand; as we are curious about this man.