#20 The Kidnapping

Elias

My head feels like it’s going to burst any second now. When we reach towards the northern wing of the pack house, it seemed much like havoc.

Turns out someone has been spreading rumors about a criminal; who escaped from our dungeon cell and is now hiding in the northern wing. That’s nearly impossible, as I have my pack’s best warriors guarding the dungeon today because of the fest.

And Eric just returned from patrol, so call it overconfidence but I know this won't happen.
These gullible Luna's created the whole chaos, taking me away from my precious mate and from our moment together. I release a tired sigh.

It's not always I receive some sort of response from Ava, but today I felt like she will agree with me and be my mate. Then of course it had to be ruined.

My Mate who would have thought, I smile thinking about her dark brown locks and her warm hazel brown eyes which reflects every emotion so deeply when she lets them to be seen.
Her skin is a perfect blend; neither too pale nor too tanned. She isn't skinny like other girls rather she is curvy and fuller. Her body has well defined muscles and I know that is because of her training.

Fate is playing with me, just like it had been doing with me ever since my parents were attacked. The dreaded day, it gave me a mate but took away the chances of a family. I don't know what it has stored for me in the near future but I want this future with Ava. I can never imagine anyone else in her place.
Not now, not ever.

“Elias come on man you look tired and you need to rest” Eric suggested walking beside me while we both walked towards my room.

“I’m not tired, just worried”

“Worried? About?” Eric questions and I turn to him stopping on the way.

“Ava, and our situation” I shake my head and I see his face scrunching up.

“What situation?”

“She doesn't want to be my Luna. Though we have never discussed about this, but I can understand her turmoil. She don't want to leave her pack and come here for us, even if she wants me. She does not want to run away from her responsibilities” I whisper helplessly staring down at the wooden floor.

“I think you should talk to her about it openly and not jump to conclusions, while you are at it don’t beat around the bushes about it. Who knows what she thinks? Maybe she has other reasons or maybe she has a solution?” at the last word of his sentence I looked up at him with hope, sensing it he smiles at me before patting me on my back.

“You know, what I have learnt from my past? It is to trust the people whom you love, as I did back then. I trusted you and see I'm here now. I have a mate, a position and a complete family. I think you should have faith in her, trust her, talk to her I am sure you both will come out with a solution” Eric smiles at me and I too almost smile grateful for his words. But then I remember he is the one who interrupted us and my mood turns sour narrowing my eyes at him and I walk ahead towards him.

“I would have, if someone wouldn't have disturbed us”.

His eyes widen in understanding and he steps back raising his hand over his head “I'm innocent, come on! I didn't spread those rumors for god’s sake!” he cries almost making me laugh at his attempt.

I chuckle and turn around and walk away from him in the direction of my room.

“Go, have some rest” I wave and hear him chuckle.

“Eric?” I call as I turn around to look at Eric who is looking at me.

“You did a good job today. I must say I am very happy with my choice of having you as my Beta” and before he can answer me I fasten my step and make my way towards my room.