#47 The Countdown- Day Five

The Next Day I felt a little worry suddenly creeping on me. Everything felt a little hazy for me. As if my life is not real and I'm inside a dream, I feel like I'll wake up any moment now and realise that it's not real life.

I gently remove Elias's hand from my body and push him a little. He rolls over his side still deep in his slumber.
Gripping the bed sheet I stare hard at the huge window in front of me. Something compels me to remove the thick curtain and bask in the sun for hours. I don't know why I'm getting these urges.

I suddenly hate being in dark with no sunlight approaching me.

Maybe the Sunlight will be an indication that I'm alive and everything is real?

I slowly get up from the bed taking extra care that I don't wake up Elias. With light steps I clutch the curtain and remove it a tiny bit, enough to look outside and still not disturb my tired mate.

The Sun is up and it's a little foggy outside cutting my chances of seeing any life outside. The fog reminds me of my haze and that irritates me.
I need sunlight!

I leave the curtain and draw back. Looking around my room, I spot my clothes hastily thrown on my couch beside Elias's clothes. While Picking up and putting them I keep my gaze directed towards Elias who has caged my pillow under his arms.

I walk to him and kiss him softly on his forehead and then on my mark and smile. Elias purrs a little and his lips turns up a smile gracing his features and then he goes back to sleep.

Quickly stepping out of my room, I look around and find the pack house empty.
I rush towards the lake, the same place where I saw Moon Goddess spirit for the first time.

The area is cold and sun is on the horizon, it looks beautiful to see the water near the horizon appearing red in colour due to rising sun.

The Moon is still visible in the clear sky along with the sun giving the atmosphere a dramatic effect.

Sun and Moon together.

Where Sun is the symbol of real life. The present. At the same time Moon is a symbol of virtual life. An Imagination. Sun and Moon are a perfect balance for creating Life.

‘Soon the sun will be up in the sky. It will make me feel alive’ I mumble to myself and sit on the deck putting my feet down into the water.

As soon as my foot touches the water it burns me I quickly retreat my legs and look down at my feet and then the water. I repeat this actions few times. Did the water burn me? Am I really dreaming? I must be in a dream, right? Just to check if this is reality I put my right feet into the water and it burns again.

But how can it burn me it’s a lake, a huge, vast giant lake.

Hence I come to a conclusion that this must be dream and I want to feel this sensation.
I am crazy for doing this but I put my left foot down in the water before I jump into the lake. I howl in pain as it burns all over my body.

I am dreaming, I am definitely dreaming. I assure myself as I rise up to the surface of the water and bring my palm to remove the hair strands out of my face.

I gently graze my hand over my skin and still as I don't feel the skin to skin contact. I look down and shriek loudly as I see my body has transformed into this hairy thing just like how my hand had transformed earlier in office. I have a very thick skin that's covering every part except my neck above with hair all over.

I try calling my wolf but I am unable to she is not here with me. If this is a dream I need to come out of it. This is scary.

A scream tore out of my mouth as I feel something gripping my neck. Something was forcing my head down into the water.

I gasp loudly and throw my hands into air to uphold my body on the surface but to my surprise, the water rises with my hands.

They follow the same movement as that of my hand. I am stumped at this. I again raise my hand and the water rises up with it.

But soon my amazement subsides as the pulling returns and I feel myself going down in the water very deep and I struggle to come out but I can't. I feel my vision blackening but I fight it.

I give another glance at the rising sun from inside the lake. The color of the sun is more pronounced and deeper. It blocks my vision for a second and I close my eyes.

I give up the idea of fighting against the choking sensation and suddenly it stops. I open my eyes and gasp loudly. I am back in my room.

I groan getting up and look at my body. The hairy skin is not present anymore and my skin is back. I feel my wolf Lina inside me and she is quite content inside. I am wearing the same clothes and my body is wet and giving me a perfect indication that I was in the lake. But the bed is dry. What the heck is going on with me?

I stand up and find Elias still sleeping with my pillow but the sun is up high in the sky this time and I can hear noises from the pack house.

My head hurts as I think of everything and I sit on the floor instead of bed as I am drenched in water.