v // fml // v

finns pov

I arrived home from school feeling genuinly happy for once. I actually have a friend now. Maybe this was the beginning of a better life for me. I twisted the knob on my frontdoor and walking through the threshold with a big smile on my face.  As I walked through my living room on my way to the kitchen  I sighed as I realised if there was one person who could ruin my day, it's my mom.

"Hey mom" I said as I noticed multiple bottles of alchohol on the kitchen counter. It didn't surprise me. My mother drinks more booze then water.

"Why are you so happy?" She seemed a bit tipsy, but I'm used to her being drunk all the time.

"I made a friend today." I stated even though I know my mom wouldn't have anything nice to say.

"Who in their right mind would want to be friends with you?" 

"Her name is Millie and she's really ni-" Before I could finish my sentance I was cut off by my mother.

"Look you little bitch, I don't want you to have no damn girlfriend"

"But she's n-"

"Don't you fucking talk back to me." My mom picked up her bottle of alcohol and started approaching me. I was starting to get a bit scared for my safety.

"Mom, she's not my girlfriend!" I yelled as I took a step back. She kept getting closer and closer to me.

"I don't give a fuck!" Before I knew it, she had smashed her bottle across my face. I yelped in pain as I fell backwards onto the floor. I quickly jumped to my feet and ran to my room as fast as I knew how. I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I held my face in pain as I walked into my bathroom, in the mirror I could see blood covering the left side of my face.  This wasn't the first time I've been physically abused by my own mother, but this time was definitely the worst. I dampened a cloth and held it against my face as I walked over to my bed and lied down. As I lay there, all I could think of is how awful my existence is. Fuck my life