xvi // i had a date /// xvi

finns pov

As I arrived home, I still couldn't believe it. Millie actually kissed me, well, kind of. Her lips touched my face, I would think that counts as a kiss. I opened the front door of my home only to see my mom standing there with her arms crossed.  At that moment, I knew I was beyond fucked.

"Where the hell have you been?" 

I didn't exactly know what to say. I couldn't tell her I was on a date, cause she'd flip her top. But then again, no matter what I told her she would flip her top. 

"I was uh, I had a date." I muttered as I shifted from foot to foot. I didn't know what she was going to do to me, but I knew it would be bad.

My mother didn't say anything. She just stood there and chuckled.

"Was she blind or just stupid? Why the hell would anyone want to go on a date with a little bitch like you?" She scoffed as she walked into the kitchen. I grunted at her remark and began to slowly walk towards the kitchen.

"What the fuck are ya following me for?" she said as she began to stomp towards me.

Before I could retreat, she had punched me in the face. My left eye, to be exact. I fell backwards and landed with a thud on the hardwood floor.

"Get up kid. Stop being such a damn pussy."

I slowly picked myself up. I had already mentally prepared for her to attack me again. It's a good thing I was mentally prepared, because as I stood up she struck me again. This time in the mouth. All I could do was run to my room, which I did. As fast as I possibly could. She followed after me, but I was much faster. I slammed and locked the door. 

 I went into the bathroom to wipe the blood off of my chin. As I washed my face off, a tear ran down my face. I don't cry a lot, but my mom's punches hurt me mentally more than they do phsyically. I just wish I had a kind, caring, understanding mother. 

It's at times like this when I truly wish I was dead.