xxxiii // steak knife // xxxiii

finns pov

As I walked home from Millie's house, I kept hoping that my mother wouldn't realize I snuck out of the house. Finally, after about 15 minutes of walking, it was the moment of truth. I carefully climbed into my window. My heart skipped a beat when I saw my mother standing there with her arms crossed.

"Where have you been?" She scoffed. I could tell she was kind of drunk. heck, I could smell the alchohol on her breath from where I was standing.

"None of your business." I replied. It was pretty risky to talk back to her like that, but I didn't care.

She smirked and walked out of my room. I decided to follow her. She walked into the kitchen, opened a drawer, and pulled out a steak knife.

"Oh shit...." I muttered to myself. I didn't know what to do, so I just started to run. I was almost at my bedroom when I tripped over an empty beer bottle that was on the floor.

I looked up and saw my mother standing just a few inches away from me. She grabbed my left arm and started making small cuts with the knife. After about thirty seconds, I couldn't even feel my arm anymore. Blood was dripping from my arm onto my clothes. The pain was simply unbearable.

At that point all I could do was grit my teeth and accept my fate.

*sorry for the short af chapter