xxii // what are we // xxii

millies pov

I woke up to the sound of small whimpers. I rolled over and saw Finn sitting up with his head in his hands. I couldn't tell if he was crying or not, but it sounded like he was.

"Finn? Are you okay?" I asked as I sat up and scooted a bit closer to him.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine. Sorry I woke you up." He replied with a sniffle.

"It's fine. What's wrong?" I answered.

"Nothing. I just had a nightmare. I have them a lot, but usually not this bad. I feel so stupid for getting upset over a dream" Finn said as he laid back down. I also laid down, but this time I snuggled up into Finn's chest. I expected him to roll over or push me away, but instead he wrapped his arms around my small torso and pulled me closer.

Cuddling with Finn felt nice. He held onto me like his life depended on it. It was like a small child holding a stuffed animal. It was one of the best feelings I had ever felt in my life. I just wanted to lay in his arms forever. I was just about to fall asleep when Finn began to speak,

"M-millie?" He whispered.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"W-what are we...? I mean, we kissed and now we're sleeping in the same bed together." He questioned. Ever since we kissed, I had been waiting for him to ask something like that. I was surprised he hadn't asked sooner.

"What do you want us to be?" I retorted with a slight smile on my face.

"Uhm, why don't you tell me first?" He stated shyly. I honestly wanted us to be more than friends. Every time I'm with him I feel warm and fuzzy inside, it's a feeling that nothing else gives me. The only problem is, I didn't know how to tell him about my feelings without it being super awkward.

I slowly broke free of Finn's arms and rolled over onto my other side so we were face to face. I slowly leaned in and put my lips onto his. Our lips moved together in harmoney. Finn was a pretty good kisser. I reached out, grabbed his handand interlocked our fingers as the kiss deepened. After a few seconds, I pulled away.

"Does that answer your question?" I said as I exhaled, still panting.

Finn nodded and pulled me back into our former position.  It was definitely the best night of my life.