xv // the park // xv

millies pov

I sighed as I paced back and forth in my bedroom. I was waiting for Finn to come pick me up for our date. I was pretty nervous, but mostly excited. We didn't actually have anything planned, but we would get to spend time together and that's good enough.

"It's nearly six thirty, he should've been here ten minutes ago.." I whispered to myself. I have a bad habbit of talking to myself.  Eventually, I heard a knock at the front door. I rushed out of my room on my way to the door.

"I'll get it." I heard my older brother Charlie say. 

"No, I'll get it." I replied as I shoved him out of the way. I didn't really want to tell Charlie I was going on a date, I wasn't in the mood for his quips.

I opened the door and stepped outside to greet Finn.

"Hi Finn" I said in a bashful manner. He looked quite nice. He had on a black long sleeved shirt and blue jeans that had a tear in them at the knee. He smelled of cheap cologne, but he smelled nice.

"You look good Millie" he remarked. I grinned.

"Thanks. You do too." 

"So um, what do you want to do?" Finn asked.

"We could go to the park." I answered. He nodded and we began to walk. 

At one point I tried to hold his hand, but when I started to grab his hand he just looked at me like I was an idiot. After some time, we arrived at our destination. We sat down on a wooden bench and watched some children attempt to feed the ducks.

"I like to come here and just sit. It's so peaceful. It's a great place to think about stuff." I said trying to make conversation.

"Yeah, I guess." Finn answered. He's always a bit quiet, but I find it kind of cute.

"It's really pretty out here. All the trees and water and birds and stuff." Finn stated, he then paused for a moment

"But it's not as pretty as you." He added. I could feel my cheeks begin to warm up. I was also a bit stunned that Finn had the guts to say something like that.

I turned towards Finn and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. The kiss left a small lipstick print.

"Thanks. You're quite pretty yourself."