xxviii // you didn't ask // xxviii

finns pov

As the school day progressed, I couldn't stop thinking about what my mother would do to me when I got home after school. I knew it was a bad idea to spend the night with Millie, but I didn't care. She is the one thing that gives me true happiness.

I was on my way to science class when I spotted a very familier face. He was a tall boy with curly hair, and he was approaching me. It took me a moment, but I finally realized who it was. It was Gaten.

"Hey, you're Finn right?"

I didn't want to talk to him for two reasons. One, I was going to be late for class. Two, I don't like the way he acts around Millie.

"Yeah. What do you want?" I scoffed with a sigh.

"Well, I kind of wanted to talk to you about Millie." He said.

"She's my girl, not yours. So if I was you I wou-" Before I could finish, he cut me off.

"But I don't like girls."

My jaw dropped.

"W-what do you mean...?" I questioned even though I knew exactly what he meant.

"I like boys." Gaten answered with a chuckle. 

At that moment I wanted to crawl in a hole and stay there for the rest of my life. It was the most embarassed I had ever been in my life. I had to go and act like a complete idiot about Gaten and Millie hanging out together.

"B-but why didn't tell me?" I asked trying to make the situation less awkward.

"You didn't ask."