xxxi // i promised // xxxi

finns pov

I sighed as I plopped down on my bed. I still felt sick to my stomach because of the events that happened with Grace. Even though I knew it was my fault that she kissed me, I sure felt like it was. I hadn't told Millie what happened. Luckily, I was able to avoid her all day. No matter how hard I tried to tell myself that it wasn't a big deal, I just couldn't stop thinking about it. I felt worse than I had in ages. It felt like I was dying on the inside.

Slowly, I rolled over and opened the night stand drawer. I felt around inside the drawer until I found a small metal razor blade. I grabbed the blade and shut the drawer. While I looked at the razor, I notice that there were a few drops of dried blood on it.

I put the blade on my forearm and grunted while preparing myself for the pain. I was about to make the first cut when I suddenly remembered something.

--"Promise me that you'll never do that again?" She said as she pulled away from the hug.

"Promise." I replied with a slight smile on my face. --

"Ugh, I promised Millie I wouldn't cut again." I whispered to myself as I tossed the razor onto the night stand.

"I just have to talk to her."

I hopped off my bed and paced around the room. After a moment, an idea popped into my head. I scurried over to the window, unlocked it, and opened it. The cool breeze from outside felt good as it hit my face. Carefully, I climbed out the window. Unfortunatly, I lost my balance and fell into the landscaping. I brushed my self off as I stood up.

As I walked to Millie's house, all I could do was hope that she would understand.