xxxvi // life savings // xxxvi

millies pov

"Honey, where is Finn?" my mom asked as she sat a bowl of cereal in front of me.

"I dunno. He left early this morning and he wouldn't tell me where he was going." I replied.

I continued to eat my breakfast and carry on with my normal morning routine. I was kinda worried about Finn, but I tried not to think about it. It was about 11:30 when I heard Finn burst through the front door and run into the house.

"Millie! Millie!" he yelled. I hopped up from my bed and walked into the living room. I saw Finn standing there with a small black box.

"I-I got something for you. I hope you like it" He said with a huge smile on his face as he handed me the box. My hands were slightly shaking as I began to open it.

Inside, there was a small silver ring with five or six small diamonds around it and a  single large diamond on the top. It was a very extravagant piece of jewlery. It was probably the prettiest ring I had ever seen.

"It's beautiful, but how could you afford something like this?" I asked.

"It cost pretty much my whole life savings." he answered with a chuckle. I didn't know why he would spend all of his money on a gift for me. I was both flattered and shocked at the same time.

"Maybe you should return it. I mean, I love it but you kn-" Before I could finish, Finn cut me off.

"No. I want you to keep it. When you wear it, I want you to think of me and the good times we've had together." He stated as he put a hand on my waist. I smiled.

"I'll never take it off."

*             *                  *                  *                   *

this book is going to be coming to an end relatively soon. i appreciate all your support and i'm glad you've enjoyed it.

for the record, no, there will not be a sequal. i feel like a sequal would just be stale and boring. however, i am working on two new books (one mileven and one fillie) so hopefully those will be out sometime soon.