xxxiv // who did this // xxxiv

millies pov

"What the hell happened!?" I exclaimed.

When I opened the door, I didn't expect to see a battered and bloodied Finn standing outside. His left arm had at least thirty big cuts on it, his clothes were drenched in blood, and there were a few cuts and scratches on his face.

"I uh, I fell down." He retorted sarcastically.

"Finn, it's not funny. You're fuckin' dying!" I scoffed as I helped him inside.

"I'm not dying... I just don't feel very well." He said while carefully sitting down on the couch. I was surprised at how calm he was. If I was bleeding to death, I'd be freaking out.

I quickly ran to the bathroom to get lots of bandages and a few damp towels. I then ran back to the living room where Finn was sitting.

"This might hurt a bit." I warned while I placed one of the towels on his bloody arm.

"Don't worry, my arm is pretty much completely num- Oh fuck!" He exclaimed as he jolted his arm in pain. I tried my best not to giggle.

I sighed while I did my best to clean his arm and the cuts. "Why does this shit only happen when my parents aren't home?" I thought to myself.

"Who did this to you?" I asked softly.

"N-nobody..." He replied. I could tell he was lying.

"Finn, someone tried to murder you. Who was it?" I said.

"They weren't trying to murder me, they just wanted to hurt me." He retorted.

"Who wa-" Before I could finish, he cut me off.

"It was my mom! There! I answered your question." He scoffed.

My jaw dropped. How could anyone purposely hurt such a sweet boy? I was furious at the thought.

"You need to tell the police." I stated as I started to bandage his arm.

"I know, but my dad doesn't care about me. So I'd probably just end up in some  foster home. I'd rather get beaten to a pulp then have to move away to some random place." He replied.  Suddenly, an idea popped into my head.

"You could stay here. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind. You can sleep in the guest room or my room, eat all the food you want, and we'd get to see eachother all the time!" I said.

"Do you really mean it?" Finn questioned with a slight smile on his face.

"Of course!" I answered. He grinned from ear to ear.

"Millie?" 

"Yeah?"

"I-I love you." He said shyly. I felt my face start to heat up.

"I love you too"

*btw sorry for traumatizing you with that "the death of finn wolfhard" joke. also, im working on a mileven book so ye