xvii // jump // xvii

finns pov

I nearly tripped over a rock as I walked through the oak brown forest. I had decided to sneak out of the house and go for a long walk, I just had to get away from my mother for awhile. I thought about a lot of things as I trudged through the thick forest. It was beginning to get dark, so I tried my hardest not to fall and break a hip.

As I approached a clearing, I saw a cliff with a young girl sitting near the edge. She looked extremely familier, so I decided to go to her.

The closer I got to her, the more I recognized her. It took me a moment, but I finally realized that it was Millie.

"Uh, Millie?" I mumbled quietly. I didn't want to startle her, since she was sitting near the edge of a cliff.

"Finn? Oh shit, what happend?" She said as she turned around and saw my black eye.

"My life sucks. That's what happend." I replied as I took a seat next to her.

"Does nobody love or care about you?" Millie asked as she brushed some of her hair behind her ear.

"Nope. Nobody has ever cared about me." I answered.

"Well, we're sitting at the edge of a cliff. You could always jump."

At first I wasn't quite sure of what she was saying. I didn't know if she was being sarcastic, or just telling me to kill myself.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked hoping she would clarify her statement.

"You know exactly what I mean." She retorted with an odd grin on her face.

"Finn, just face it. Nobody loves you, and nobody ever will love you."

Maybe she was right. I'm just a waste of space. I slowly stood up and began to walk to the edge of the cliff. It was a hell of a long way down, maybe eighty feet. I cocked my head sideways and looked at Millie, wondering if she was going to say anything else.

"Just do it." She said as she also stood up.

I slowly walked off the edge. It felt like I was falling for years. Just as I was about to hit the ground, I jolted forward in my bed. My face was dripping with sweat.

"Oh fuck..." I whispered to myself

I looked around my room as I realized that it was just a nightmare. I had a huge smile on my face. I was really glad that I was alive. Even though my life can be awful at times, I have hope that it will get better.