xiv // id love to // xiv

finns pov

"Urghh" I grumbled as I sat up in my bed. I had one hell of a headache, it felt like my head was in the drawer all night. I got out of my bed and remembered what happend the previous day. 

I felt awful. I really messed up. If Millie asked me out, she obviously doesn't care about what her friends or anyone think. Declining her offer was pretty selfish of me. I just had to talk to Millie and make things right. The day was Saturday, so I decided I would go to her house. 

I walked through the dining room so I could take a peak into my mother's room to see if she got home alright. I slowly opened the door to see her asleep with an empty wine bottle in her hand. I sighed and closed the door, being extra careful not to wake her up. After grabbing a blueberry granola bar, I put on my shoes and exited the house.

I kicked a small stone as I ate my granola bar and walked to Millie's house. It was only about a mile away from my home. I still wasn't sure of what I was going to say, or if this was even a smart decision. There was a small part of me that thought it might just be better to let our friendship come to an end.

After awhile of walking and thinking, I reached Millie's house. I walked up the narrow stone pathway and stood infront of the wooden door. I practiced in my head what I was going to say and how I was going to say it. I paced back and forth for a moment, before I jolted in surprise as the front door opened.

"Hi Finn"

Oh gosh, there she was. I still had no idea of what I should do.

"Uh, hi Millie. How did you uh, know I was out here?" I asked. I began to feel extremely anxious.

"Ever heard of something called a window?" she replied sarcastically as she closed the door and stepped outside.

"Millie, about yesterday"

"It's alright. I unde-" before she could finish, I cut her off.

"No, you don't. I said no because I was afraid I'd ruin your reputation." 

"Finn, I care about you more than my reputation. If my friends don't like the idea of us together, then they can fuck off." Hearing Millie say that made me feel nice inside. For once, someone actually seems genuinly fond of me.

"Uh, Millie?" 

"Yeah?" she answered.

"I'd like to go out with you sometime, that is if you still want to go out with me." I asked shyly.

"I'd love to."

*do u hate me less?