viii // that boy // viii

sadies pov

It had been a lazy Saturday afternoon for me. I was watching television in my room when I heard the doorbell ring. I immediately hopped up out of my chair and raced down the stairs to awnser the door. My parents weren't home, so I couldn't just wait for them to answer the door and tell me who was there. I opened the door to see my good friend Millie.

"Hey Mills" I said as I welcomed her inside and closed the door.

"Hi Sadie" Millie replied gloomily. I could instantly tell that something was up.

Millie and I walked up the stairs to my room.

"What's wrong?" I said as I closed the door to my room and sat down on the bed.

"Oh, nothing." she answered. I could tell she was lying.

"Millie, I can tell that something is wrong. What is it?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"Well, Finn came over to my house today."

"Oh gosh. Is he a psychopath or something?" Millie rolled her eyes at my statement.

"No, he's not a psychopath you moron. But there is one problem" she replied.

"What is the problem?" I asked.

"He thinks he's a failure." Millie answered.

"Who knows? Maybe he is." I said sarcastically.

"Don't talk about him like that." Millie scoffed sternly.

"Ok, it was just a joke. Calm down." I replied trying to save myself from Millie's glare of death.

"So uh, why does he think so low of himself?" I stated as I twiddled my thumbs.

"I don't know" she replied.

"If you don't mind my asking, why do you care so much?"

Millie just sat there in complete silence for a moment. She opened her mouth, but no words came out. After about a minute, she eventually spoke up.

"Because I'm really fond of Finn." she said with a slight grin on her face.

"Why? You barely know him." I asked. I have always been a bit skeptical of befriending new people.

"Some people can get to know eachother well in a short amount of time." Millie answered.

"You have a crush on him, don't you?" I said trying not to giggle.

"What? No! Ew. Gross. It's nothing like that." Millie replied as her face turned a light shade of pink.

"Come on Millie, friends don't lie." I retorted.

"I mean, I guess he's pretty cute." she said in an embarassed manner.

As the day went on, I couldn't stop thinking about Millie and Finn. She seems to genuinly like him for whatever reason. Maybe I was too quick to judge him, just maybe.