•Chapter 45•

•Chapter 45•

•1 Year Later•

Eight fucking months with him.

The rose mark was still there, getting more prominent when certain times came around. Tonight would be one year since I checked myself into the mental institution. The mark was almost as dark as it was six months ago when it had been a full year since it was my first night with him.

Smoke filled my lungs slowly. I loved the feeling it gave me to know that I wasn't with him. It gave me sanity from the world around. I exhaled, letting a light gray cloud fill the air in front of me. I flicked off the ashes, going back to Jakes, one of my new friends from school. He was the one that got me hooked on smoking. Nathan and the other assholes I called friends would pester me about it, so I filed them out of my mind, leaving them in the streets.

I pulled my black hoodie up over my head as I walked up to the house, the porch still filled with red cups and several pieces of clothing. I unlocked the door, flicking on the lights.

"Jake! I'm back!" I puffed out another small cloud of smoke. I flicked the ashes out onto the porch before closing the door.

I walked into the kitchen, seeing a note laid out onto the table.

Sarah,

I'm at the club with a few of the guys. Be back soon.

Jake

"Of course..." I mumbled to myself.

***

I sat upon the couch, watching The Walking Dead, like any other Sunday night. I pressed the clear bottle to my lips, letting the taste of vodka fill my mouth. I took the huge gulp, the burning in the back of my throat only intensifying.

"Fuck..." I heard Jake's low voice grumble through the door.

"Too much to drink, Jake?" I peered up at him.

"Shut up." He grumbled. His green eyes were a deep red around the edges.

"How's Melanie?" I asked. Melanie was a short red head, also known as Jakes girlfriend. She was a sweet gal; Jake would cut off smoking and drinking for as long as he could for her. She knows about his addictions, and she doesn't mind them; he just wants to be the best he can be for her.

Jake obviously knows about the mark, just not about the vampires in general. He knows a little information, but there was no way that I would be mentioning him to Jake.

"She's good, and is coming over to tomorrow." He took the bottle from my hands, taking a gulp of the vodka himself.

"Better get working on the porch then." I took another gulp of the alcoholic beverage.

"You're helping me you know." He walked into his bedroom, tossing his shoes into the floor.

"Yeah, I know!" I replied, keeping my eyes on the zombie killing themed show.

"Good." He peered out of his room for a second. "I'm taking a shower." He stated.

"Okay." I chugged down the last of the vodka, savoring the taste of the bubbling drink.

•I know it's not that long but this is only the beginning!•

*Ginny*