•Chapter 47•

•Chapter 47•

•Sarah's Pov•

He held me in place, trying to not let me go. His lips finally released from mine, the cold lingering on my lips. "I'll never let you go, Sarah." He whispered over the cold wind swirling around us.

I tore from his grip, backing away from him. I didn't need this. He was nothing to me now. "You have to, Harry." I mumbled. I hated the way I forced myself to say his name.

"Sarah, please." He walked over to me, getting down on his knees, pleading. "Please. I can make it all up to you. The kidnapping, the mark, the punishment, the pain that I've caused you. I'll make it all up to you; especially not going after you." He stroked the tops of my hands slowly. "Please, Sarah. I-I love you." He stayed on his knees.

"No you don't. If you did you wouldn't have suggested that I become a monster like, you!" I fumed. I pushed him away, walking the opposite direction of him.

"I'm sorry for everything! Please give me another chance..." He appeared in front of me, slowly wrapping his arms securely around my waist.

I shook my head; I didn't want to give him another chance. I've finally patched myself up and the bandages are already stripping apart by the sight of him. I can't break again; and I won't. Not anymore.

We had that same feeling toward each other; need. That was something that I didn't want to give in to. We feel as if we need each other to be happy. Ever since I left this is how I've spent my days. Drinking, smoking, parties; the cycle has gone on since the last time I've seen his piercing green eyes, chocolate brown curls, black ink embroidered in his skin.

"I don't care what you say; I'm never letting you go Sarah." He pressed a kiss onto my forehead. "Please give me another chance." His arms wrapped tighter around me as if he were afraid to loose me.

I decided to hug him. He has done so much shit to me it's too much to think about in a matter of minutes. "Please." I'm sure that if he could cry he would right now. The affection he showed for me was inevitable. I didn't know what to think at this moment.

"I'm sorry, Harry." I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Please, Sarah. Don't do this." His voice was shaky as he spoke. It made my heart break to see him this way; but I had to do what was best for me. I couldn't be with him if all he did was screw things up for us.

I pulled away from him. "I'm sorry." I left a small kiss on his cheek before taking my keys from his large hands; going back to the car.

"Wait!" He called out.

I turned back around to face him. "Can we at least just.. Start over; start as friends?" He ran his fingers through his already pushed back hair.

"I don't even think that would work, Harry." I admitted. "You've caused me enough pain and I don't need anymore." I finished with that and got into the drivers seat. I started the ignition quickly and sped off down the highway.

***

Half way through the drive, I had to pull over. I didn't realize how far away I was. Still another hour to go.

Tears built up in my eyes as my event with Harry replayed itself in my mind. I hated the way he was so broken. I hated the way his expression was when I left down the road.

He dropped to his knees, his mouth hanging open and his eyes displaying hurt and rejection. I hated seeing him that way. I know I shouldn't care after what he did; but I do. I decided to head over to Nathan's for the night. I was going to drop all the drinking and the smoking. I finally realized after a fucking year that I shouldn't sit there and bury my pain and sorrows in nicotine and alcohol.

I got back onto the highway, making my way to Nathan's. After about a good thirty minutes, I was parked in front of his building.

I walked up the steps, stumbling over a few from the long drive. It was two in the morning the last time I checked, but didn't care at the moment.

I walked up to the door, knocking on the wooden surface. I stood there in silence when I realized just how close Harry could be right now.

When no one answered, I tried to turn the knob. The door wouldn't move under my touch.

"Fuck..." I breathed.

"Come back with me. I'll take you back in the morning." I looked behind me to see a broken green-eyed boy. "Please?"

I finally gave in. "Fine."

•thanks for reading•

*Ginny*