•Chapter 76•

•Chapter 76•

It's been several days since Sarah and Liam had agreed to come back from London. I still hated the fact that's where Liam took her - out of all places he took her London. I've been keeping in touch with Sarah, attempting to see if she was still alive or not. I tried calling her this morning but no one answered. I started to get a little anxious when I called around noon and she still didn't pick up.

It was now two-thirty and I found myself picking up the phone once again. The antagonizing ringing kept going on in my ear. The moment I was about to give up and just hang up the call, shuffling appeared on the other line. "Hello?" Liam's voice filled the speaker.

"Hey. I've been calling for hours. Is Sarah alright?" I needed to know that she was okay.

"She couldn't pick up. We were on the plane and she didn't have service. We just got to the airport. She left her phone with me when she went to go get her bags." He explained, attempting to make it consistent.

"Can I speak to her, please?" I questioned him. I sat down on the couch, placing my forearms on my thighs, leaning forward to still be able to hear him in the speaker.

"I'll hand her the phone when we get to the car." The car? Did someone pick them up?

"Did you rent a car, or is someone picking you up?" It didn't really matter at the moment but I was curious.

"I rented one for the next couple of days." He explained. I heard a low groan erupt from the back of his throat. I heard a large slam of something - possibly the trunk.

"Who is it?" I heard Sarah's faint voice in the background.

"It's Harry. He wants to talk to you." Liam replied, his voice clear throughout the line.

"Give me." I heard her say. I could already see her struggling to get phone from Liam's hands.

I heard him chuckle before her voice filled my ears. "Hi." Her voice was cheerful, carefree it seemed.

"Hey." I replied. I heard the popping of a door opening.

"We would be on our way but," she paused and her voice rose in volume, "Liam won't hurry up!" She yelled at him.

I chuckled at her small excitement. "Do you forgive me? About everything?" I questioned her.

"Of course. Now that I know why you did them - or why it wasn't you that did them." I could see her flipping her hand to try and make the sentence make sense.

"I know what you mean." A smile formed on my lips at her confusion.i leaned my back on the couch, letting myself relax.

"I'm sorry about taking off the ring; but then again I'm sure that if you were me - you would do the same." I could tell that she was fighting back from saying something more.

"Don't worry about it. Would you like it back?" My lips pulled into a smirk.

"Give me a couple of days. I'll let you know." I could already see her slipping the ring back on to her finger as I stand in the door way of the bedroom. I heard the engine of the car purr to life.

"I will." I looked up at the ceiling, closing my eyes. "I could have picked you two up, you know."

"I know. Liam wouldn't allow it." Her voice became a little strained at the last part of her statement.

"You alright?" I asked, my eyes still closed. My eyes brows pulled together.

"Yeah I'm fine." I heard her shuffle around for something in the car. "Got it!" Her voice was faint into the speaker, but I could still here her. She sighed. I heard the flicking of a lighter on the other line.

"Are you smoking?" I questioned her.

"Maybe." Her words were mumbled behind the obvious stick of paper filled tobacco between her lips.

I chuckled. "We're pulling on to the highway." She informed me. "we aren't that far from you, actually." She advised.

"Alright. Uhm. How was London?" I ran my hand through my hair, waiting for an answer.

"It was nice. A lot different than New York." She replied. "Oh; I'm going going to be staying with Bethany for the next couple of days." She informed.

I sat up, straightening out my back. "You're what?" I nearly growled.

"It's just for a couple of days. Liam had said that it would be better for me to be away from the house. That way, he could work with you on controlling your demons." I hated the way it rolled off of her tongue like it was forced. I know it's not normal for her - but I just hated the demons in general. They never left me alone.

"Fine." I gave in - giving it a second thought. "That would be better."

After several instructions from Sarah to Liam on how to get to Bethany's - it was time to say our good byes.

"I love you." I didn't want to stop talking to her, but I knew I had to.

"I love you too." She replied, her voice was slightly lower than before.

"I'll see you in a couple of days." I informed her.

"Of course. Bye." She didn't give me a chance to say anything else before the line went dead.