•8

°Changed the title.

Malia's POV:

"Did you just say that Liam is your brother?" I ask placing my trembling hands on my head.

She bolt out of the navy blue bean bag.
"He's my step-brother. Step.Why do people forget that part so much?" she whines.

"I don't know? Maybe because, he's still your brother whether he's biological or not." I point out.

She slowly place herself back on the navy blue chair.
"Whatever. That doesn't matter right now because, what does matter is what he did." she says.

I slowly take my hand out of my head.
"I don't wanna bore you."

"You promised me." she hisses.
She then gave me a cold stare that gave me shivers on my spine.

"Ok ok ok! I'll only tell you if you stop giving me that creepy stare." I say in defeat.

She then smile widely, revealing her pearly white teeth. She also have a short gap in the front of her teeth making her look younger. I think is awesome!

I exhale.

"He..Said something mean and very unessessary about my race. I'm going to be living in his house for a while because, my mom is working in a job out the country, for a year." I tell her, as a tear run down my cheek.

She give me a puzzled look.

"That doesn't give him the right to be racist."

Tears start to run down my waterlines, and i'm starting to sniff.
I could feel a lump on my throat.

"You know, I used to be made fun of a lot. Mostly because of my skin tone. Kids would also make fun of my hair and freckles, because it was unusual. There was always this girl who would make fun of me so, one day I told her that if she says something i'll rape her and her whole family. Everyone thought I was crazy, and ever since that day I was never bothered again." she tells me.

"You're crazy." I laugh.

She laughs as well.

I look at her bewildered.

"Are you kidding me? Your  hair and skin color is beautiful and I like your freckles." I tell her while wiping the tears under my eyes.

I can't believe someone would make fun of her skin tone.

I could see a pink tint flaming on her cheeks..is she blushing?

"T-thanks." she says while stuttering.

"I bet those kids are trying to get freckles, by using the Faux Freckles makeup." I snort.

She giggles.

We then both laugh oddly for maybe half a minute until, a different librarian told us to lower our voices.

"Sorry." we simultaneously whisper to the librarian.

"It's alright guys. Just lower your voices." the guy said, while he's placing books on the shelves.

finally there's someone darn nice.

"I'm sorry he's like that, Malia. Just ignore him no matter how rude he can be. He's done worse things. It's sadly, just a huge part his personality. That's part of the reason why I don't like him anymore."

"Why is he so mean?" I ask while wiping the new fresh tears.

"It's not my place to tell you." she says quietly.

There's an awkward silence.

Claudia clears her throat, and stand up from her bean bag once again.

I look at her bewildered.
"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I have to go home because, someone's coming for dinner tonight. I don't get why I have to get ready and dress up for someone when I live in the roof where they are going to visit. I mean, shouldn't it be the visitors who dress up while I wear a comfy pj?" she rant.

"I know right?" I shriek.
"That's what I said to myself a couple day ago when Jaimee came to visit my home-"

"Get out! I warned you too many times. Get out!" the rude librarian roars.

I groan, and get up from the yellow bean bag.
"Alright." 

I then exit the buiding with Claudia behind me.

She then motion me to the parking lot, opening her shiny jet black Jeep Wrangler.

I awe as I look at the car.
"I've always wanted to get this car but, my mom says I have tl wait till  I turn 18." I tell her.

"Bummer." she giggles.

I roll my eyes.

"So that was awesome." she says while sitting on the leather grey seat.

"Yeah.." I reply in sarcasm. "Well, it was nice to meet you Claudia." I wave at her then attempt to make my way to rhe bus stop but, I hear a throat being cleared.

I look behind to see Claudia raising her thick eyebrows.

"What?" I asked confused.

"First of all, is that how you say bye to someone you just met? 'Well bye it's nice to meet you. I don't need your Instagram, Snapchat, or phone number! Until we meet again.' Second of all, it won't be polite of me to just let you walk or go to a bus stop, without letting you ride in my car instead.

"Well first of all, I didn't think you'd want me to to do that, and second of all, i'm ok with driving the bus."

She then glare at me, again, giving me a cold shiver in the spine.

"Ok! I'll hop in." I open the shot gun door and sit on the
comfortable leather grey seat.

I then put on my seatbelt, because 'Seatbelt, So you can be safe!" THANK YOU DORA!

she then extend an arm.
"Give me your phone." she says.

"Why?" I ask.

She gives me a 'Are you me kidding me, child?' look.

"Oh." I reply in realization.
I mentally face palm myself.

I take out my Samsung Galaxy unlocking my phone, then handing it to her.

She must've clicked the Adress Book app. She then clicked some buttons on the screen.

She then hand me back my phone.

"Now let's take you home to step-mother." Claudia says.

"Ugh." I mutter hugging my new books.