·Benevolent

I appreciate those of you who post positive things about this story. This makes me feel like I accomplish my goal of entertaining you guys with the story and myself as I write this story.

Maliam or Jalia?

Malia's POV:

The alarm clock beeped non stop. I hate this alarm clock.It disturbed my tolerance of peace by the second it rang. I grumble at it and snuggled deeper to the warm bed. I feel something strong pull me closer around the waist and closer to it. My eyes were too weary to open. Besides, I enjoyed it every second of it.

After a complete minute of no silence I curse and lift my eyelids to a face of messy dirty blonde hair. My body quaked by the sight and tried to figure out HOW he emerged to my bedroom. And he's shirtless?! Then, I remember the conversation we had last night and how he comforted me to sleep. He must have slept here after I slept. I'm assuming, it wasn't the bed that filled me with pleasure and comfort. It was him. I enjoyed every second of it because, of him.

I massage my eyes and close the old alarm clock. I look back at him. He slept peacefully in the big white pillow unsympathetic by the alarm. His legs curl in the bed like a young child and his hands lay on my thigh. His eyes are shut, displaying his long and thick blonde lashes. I can peek some of his six packs but, the blanket covered it. His tinted pink lips slowly form a smirk.

"Why don't you take a picture of me on your phone? It lasts forever." he then snicker with his eyes were closed.

I startle by his unexpected response and I can't believe I got caught red handed for checking him out.

"I was not checking you out. I'm shocked on why you decided to stay here instead of the other room." I said folding my arms and hoped that I sounded more believable to him than it did to me.

He open his eyes and his electrifying blue eye radiated. It then rolled. "Ok."

"It's true."

He lifts his body up and now sits on the bed and the white blanket drowned to the bed exposing all six of his packs. I quickly lift my eyes up to his face and again the smirk
emerge. "I'm going to pretend that I didn't see that."

"Whatever."

"But, i'll see you later." he kisses me in the cheeks. Luckily, I was dark enough to conceal the blush. He grins and before, closing the door he smirks. "Are you sure you don't want to take a phone of me? I mean, you can take it and then use it as your screensaver."

I grab the pillow he slept with and aimed it at his head. I grin by my great aim and watch him as he pick up the pillow vexed. "Did you just throw this at me?" he asks.

"Yes Captain Obvious."

He then throws it at me and cackle. Before, I could do it back to him he dashes out the door.

I chuckle to myself. Before, I would have probably been frustrated and maybe even chase him down for doing that but, here I am in the bed, where he also slept the whole morning, with a wide smile glued to my face. After this mornings' chat I feel like i've gotten closer to him and have connected to him. We all started by hitting rock bottom and are trying to forget about it. I think i'm starting to feel something for the guy.
··
For the next few days he hasn't become an arrogant person. Instead, he's become flirty to me. Even though it would annoy me sometimes, it's better than the way he was before.

"Liam and Malia?" Jaimee asks us while scrubbing the cabinets.

"Yeah?" we ask in unison with our mouth full. He munched on his Cinnamon Crunch, and I chew on my Reese's Puffs.

"Can you buy some one more cereal after you're done eating?" she requests.

"Yeah." we both reply.

···
I pick up the Fruity Pebbles from the Cereal aisle and prepared to go to the checkout but, a cleared throat made me cease and turn around.

He had his eyebrows raised and arm crossed.

"What?" I asked curious.

He grabs Cocoa Pebbles and smirks. "I think you got the wrong one."

I sigh and put the cereal back in the aisle. They're both good so, there's no point to bicker.

"Just so you know, I didn't pick up the wrong one, hubun (love). I'm only putting it back because, I like both of them."

He shrugs and walks past me.

An elderly woman checked out our items and glanced at the both of us every few seconds with a foul look.

"That'll be $3.99." she says and he gives her a ten. She gives him back the change. We prepared to leave but, she signals us both to stop.

We both slowly turn around and she tips her black thick square eyeglasses.
"Are you both..dating?" she asks.

"No. But, if we were would there be a problem?" I grab the brown plastic bag and link my arms together. I raise my brow urging her to reply.

She laughs maliciously."No dear,there's surely nothing wrong for anyone to date outside their race. I find that spectacular. For some."

She sounded like an idiot. Who does she think she is, to decide which interracial couples are acceptable and which are not. This is exactly why I don't go to cranky elderlies when checking my things out.

"What do you mean some?" I ask her with distaste.

She brushes her grey pixie cut with her porcelain hands. "You know..I find some interracial couples acceptable to date for each other. Don't get me wrong hon, i'm not against interracial marriages. Some are just dis-"

"You know what? I've only seen you for one minute and you already disgust me." I tell her not giving a care in the world if fifteen pair of eyes are on me. This market is pretty small and quiet so, I was surely on the spotlight. "I don't know who you think you are ma'am but, it doesn't make you high almighty to approve what interracial couples are acceptable or not. Love come in all colors and it's not something you, me, nor anyone can change. You can have your thoughts about it but, I recommend for you to keep quiet because, what if an actual interracial couple entered this market. Would you give them a wicked look? Would you ask them the same ignorant question, like you did to us?"

She awkwardly glance around the store. "N-No, love. Can you please just lower your voice?"

"Don't worry, i'm leaving now." I started to walk away but, stopped and turned around. "I hope your perspective in love changes.. Also, don't be surprised when your manager fire you by this month." I said before walking out.

Asshole was already out the store and lean on the building.
"That was hot." he says winking after.

***
Did you enjoy the chapter?
-like
-follow
-share