Hawaii

Malia's POV:

"Why would I agree to taking you to a Hawaii trip with my money, over a bet that happen in our younger days? That would just make me afoolish woman." My mom said through the speaker.

Jaime rolls her eyes. "Mary, that was only nineteen years ago, you're making us seem older than what we actually are."

"We're 38. Grown women who should be taking care of our kids and making sure they get what they need for their future. I'm in South Sudan right now and will remain here until the end of the year because, I want to support the family so, I'm not planning on flying money around as if I'm rich. And I expect you to take care of both of yours sons and my daughter while I'm here and make sure she becomes unharmed unlike last time."

"You promised.."

"Nineteen years ago. Before I was pregnant, before I was a legal adult, before I had a boyfriend, before I bought my first apartment, before I gained some weight, and before I bought my car. Nineteen years ago...that was a while ago."

Jaimee sighs in disappointment. "Ok I guess you're right. I mean I was thinking of inviting you so, we could hang out in the beach, go to All the lovely restaurants, see the beautiful tourist attractions, I had tickets to the Kingston Pharrell tour in Hawaii by the way. He happen to be your favourite artist by the way..."

Jaimee smirks and relax in the couch. My mother is in love with Kingston Pharrell from his looks to his music and she knew it. She loves him so much that she has a large purple poster of him in her bedrooms and the fridge just so, she could look at his face when she grabs food from the kitchen.

"Wait, the Kingston Pharrell? You know how much I love him."

"Yes, I do. It would have been a great opportunity for both families but, it appears to me that you beg to differ so, maybe next year..or the year after that." She moves the phone closer to her lips. "Or never."

There was a moment of silence and, both Asshole and I, sat in the couch eating a bowl of ice cream, interested as to what may happen next. Jaimee is smirking waiting for a response. Even though I can't physically see my mother,
I know that she's somewhere contemplating.

"I'll just sell the tickets online."

"No!" My mother shouted through the screen so, loud I can feel her pain. Both and Liam were appalled by mother's agony but, I continue to eat my ice cream. When you live with a mother who has trouble cooking American food, that's her signature phrase.

"I have decided that I will only pay half of the money for our trip. No more than that." My mom says.

Jamiee taps the tip of her nosing thinking."I'm going to pretend as if you almost bled my ears to death...Hmm....I don't know Mary. I believe that half is not fair. How about 85 percent of the cash and we got ourselves a deal?"

"65 percent."

Jaime shook her head no. "80 percent."

"64 percent."

Jaimee has a puzzle look on her face. "Why would you decrease the number by a percent?"

"Why won't you act like a mature woman and take care of the kids instead of calling me during my break about something irrelevent?"