·27 /Picnic Hangout

Song I recommend:
Young dumb and broke by Khalid

Malia's POV:

"Are you sure that you made this?" I asked surprised. I take a bite out of the vegan Caprese sandwich with garlic cashew he claimed to make. It was definitely delicious. He beams.

"Yeah. You like it?" he asks while taking his chicken finger sub with cabbage slaw out of the Fit & Fresh container.

I nod my head like a maniac without taking my eyes out of that delicious sandwich. He cracks up.

"Well i'm going to take that as a yes." he says pleased.He takes a large bite out of his sandwich and moans in delight.

There were huge containers of many varieties of food from sandwiches, salads, to mouthwatering desserts. Young Dumb and Broke starts playing in the radio and I mentally sung the song.

"So, who taught you to cook?" I ask awfully curious by his talent of cooking.

"My grandma taught me to cook when I was younger. She taught me ever since I was ten." he says.

I nod my head, putting half of the sandwich​ back in the container and opening the small container filled with cantaloupe salad glazed with maple & cinnamon.

"How did you know i'm a vegetarian when I never told you that?" I ask.

He snaps open the pop. "Well, it doesn't take a genius to know that you don't eat meat. The first night when you came to our house, my mom gave us all burgers except for you but, instead she gave you a peanut butter sandwich. Then I gradually noticed that you never ate meat so, I assumed you were vegan."

"Ok." I tell him. "I'm vegetarian. Not Vegan." I point out.

"So, what made you decide to become vegan?" he questions obviously ignoring what I said.

I grabbed a silver fork and took a bite of the fruit salad. "For the last time i'm a vegetarian not vegan."I say slowly as if I was speaking to a young child.

"Same difference." he says drinking his Sprite pop.

I scoff because, of his ignorance.
"I'm going to pretend that I didn't hear that." I tell him. "But, the main reason why I turned vegetarian is because, I saw this documentary video called 'Shattered Glass' on TV two years ago and after I watched that documentary I felt sad, disgusted..and mortified. I knew where the meat came from but, didn't think about how it got made. It made me sad that the animals life got ended just so, we could get the meat in our plate. I tried eating meat after watching that video but, lost the appetite for it anymore. On July 5, 2015 I pledged to never eat meat again."

"Cool. He tells me. He opens the smaller container filled with purple grapes.

"One Question though. how do you get your protein?" he ask.

"Meat's not actually the only food that have proteins you know.Beans, peanuts, greens peas, quinoa, leafy greens and other stuff are some of the alternative ways to got proteins."" I say taking another bite out of the fruit salad.

"Never said it was." he points out  throwing then successfully catching the purple grape with his mouth.

"I know but,it irritates me when people ask me how I get my protein, then tell me a story about how they attempted to become vegetarian but failed. They ask me if I were to have a husband would I cook meat for him and if my kids would become vegetarian." I tell him while opening my Fiji Water. I took a sip out of it and the cool water was refreshing.