·Amaranthine

Teen party/ecstasy= forget about it if you read it. Pretend as if it was never read it. 😀

Two weeks L8r:

Malia's POV:

So, how is the stay at Jaimee's house?" my mother asks through the phone.

"Good surprisingly." I answer sitting in the homelegan keegan side chair in the kitchen with the yellow telephone in my ears. Mama and I haven't spoken for the last few day because, she was too busy with her job back in South Sudan that she didn't have enough time to talk with me.

I can hear her gasp through the phone. "Really? Her son hasn't plan any devious plan? Said any ignorant and foolish remarks to you?"

I chuckle. "Not so far. We've gotten along with each other to be honest. Tine to time he does say some stupid things but,overall he's actually nice to talk to."

"That's good to hear dear. I'm glad to hear that from you."she says and I could visualize her smiling through the line. "I hope he isn't too comfortable to be with because, i'm too young to be a grandmother."

"Mom!" I scream.

I can her chuckle. "I was just fooling around." she says. "I'm still too young though."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not planning to have kids any time soon so, you can
proceed to live your life with youth." I reply. "Besides, even if I wanted to have kids he'd never be the father."

I hear something thump behind me and I glanced at the area suspicious. Whenever I talk on the phone with mama the same noise keep proceeding.

"Mmhm..Ok."

I slowly look away and focus on the conversation. I twirl the cord around my fingers. "I'm serious."

"Sure. Anyways, Jaimee sent me photographs of you while you were in L.A. You looked beautiful."

I smile broadly. "Thank you."

"No problem hubun. My favorite was the one where you danced with her son in the ballroom."

I almost choked on my spit. I knew Jaimee must've seen us dancing during the ball but,did she have to take a photo of us together and on top of that, send it to my mother?

"You saw that?"

"No, I was there with you in California." i could hint her sarcasm.

"It was nothing. He asked and I accepted."

"You can attempt to fool me all you want Malia but, you'd never succeed. I saw that look you gave him and it was a reflection when he did to you. You looked like Romeo and Juliet in the ball."

"You know how that ended right?" I ask her.

"It looked like you were trapped by each other's eyes," she says completely ignoring my question. "That if there was a commotion in the party, you wouldn't notice."

I roll my eyes again."Okay mom."

My mom chuckles through the phone.

"So, how is South Sudan?" I ask her changing the subject.

"All this assignment has been stressing me out. I only get about five hours of sleep. But at least, i'm working to support you and I."

"I agree. Did you visit the family?"