·35

Because, I miss numbers.

Malia's POV:

With two of her ruby red rolling luggage, she gives me one of her warm and contagious smile. She gives me a small smile. "Hl 'iftqdtny?" she asks.

I nod my head and run to her hugging her tightly. I can smell her signature lavender and vanilla perfume. I've been waiting days and weeks to finally see her again and finally it's happened. I hear her chuckling and hug me back.

""lqad ghab lak 'amyan". (I've missed you mom.) i whisper softly and smiling. I don't know how long she'll be in front of my presence so, I may as well enjoy the moment.

""lqad fatatk 'aydana, maliana."(I've missed you too)I was full of glee to her my mother tell me that I was in her mind when we lived miles away room each other.

"knt 'aerif 'anani kunt 'afkur kla yawm walaylat eanka, wakunt qalaqaan 'iidha kunt ealaa ma yaram waminat fi manzil jamiin, lm 'atruk lakum fi bayt nisa' 'ukhraa dun 'an yakun hunak maeak.waqad jaealani alaiktiab 'an tuearif 'anak sataraa li qadimatan w mutajaeid baed eam. "

("You know i've been thinking every day and night about you. I was worried if you were okay and safe in Jamee's house. I've never left you in the house of another women without being there with you. It made me depressed to know that you'll be seeing me old and wrinkly after a year.")

"ant last hataa 'amiy alqadimata."
("You're not even old.")

" faqat li'anani ybdw alshabab la yaeni 'ana "
("Just because, I don't look old does not mean i'm young love.") she says.

I roll my eyes. My mom never accepted compliments. After a neverlasting moment of hugging her we release from each other.

"Ami, ln tasadaq ma faealah aibnaha balnsbt ly. waqal 'anah yuetaqad 'anah ymkn- "
("Mom, you wouldn't believe what her son did to me. He thought he could-")

"Malia-"

"antazaeni min al'arikat waeasabat aleaynayn hataa wasalat 'iilaa huna 'amy, wa'ant la tasadaq dhlk"

("Snatch me up from the couch and blindfold me until I got here mom. You wouldn't believe it-")

"Malia-"

"Kanat alsayarat sakhinatan jiddaan w hasalat li kl tafawuh minh rayihat alearaq walakin, hdha bijanib naqtatin. laqad khafat min almawt li'anani aietaqadat 'anani sa'amut fi 'ayi lahza "

("The car was too hot and It got me all sweaty but,that's beside the point. He had me scared to death because,I thought I was going to die any moment.")

"Aistiqal min alhadith maliaan"
("Quit talking for once Malia.")
I obeyed her command and was slightly embarrassed for ranting.

"That sweet boy told me about your little heartbreak and how you wouldn't budge to walk outside. He bought the airline tickets for me online just so,I can see you."

"Wow." I said surprised. It would make sense that he planned this whole plan and, enjoyed frightening the hell out of me but, I would've never expected for him to pay the ticket for her. Now that I think about it, he was kind enough to set this up. I rotate and smile at him. "Why?"

His hands were in his pocket, and his grin was broad, and he shrugged. "It seemed like you needed to be with someone close.." he began to scratch the back of his neck and a nervous smile emerge played in his lips. "And I wanted to see you..happy?"

I walk to him and started to hug him tightly and ignored the groan he was making. "Thank you! Thank You! Thank you!" I said happily. His chest began to convulse because, of his chuckle. He hugged me back and I enjoyed the embrace.