Chapter 11 - She Knows All

2 days later
August 2nd
Yvonne

"So i was thinking maybe we can go have lunch at your parents house?" I say as I sit next to him on the couch, handing him his tea.

"Oh. I can't do that" He says quickly, sipping his tea.

"Why?" I question as I hold my tea in my hand, sitting back

"Because I got into a fight with them and I told them I don't want to talk to them"

"Toby when was this? What was the fight about?" i ask confused

"When Elissa was in the hospital. She was in there because he took away her bird for reasons he shouldn't have and started saying other things that weren't necessary"

"Why didn't you tell me? What did he say?"

"I was going to i just had to calm down. And it isn't important"

"I want to know Toby. I'm your fiancé I'd like to know things" I push

"It doesn't involve you!" He yells and i feel my blood boil.

I place my tea on the coffee table before turning back to him.

"Doesn't involve me? You've been like this since Spencer got here. All of a sudden there are areas in your life that I don't need to know or I'm last to know about! I am your fiancé for god sakes! Unless there's something I'm missing, that means I'm in your life and that means I deserve to know what's up."

"I'm tired of everyone using Spencer against me! Spencer and I will always have a different connection and will always be connected now that she's the mother of my kids. She's not just an ex and everyone knows that. Yeah okay I've changed a bit but not in the way you're implying. And you don't even know half of how my father is and how he treats me or what pill I have to swallow just to sit through a meal with him and be civil for the sake of you and your family!" He yells, standing up.

"Well how would I know any of this if you never tell me! I had to find out from Spencer who assumed I knew because I'm your fiancé and she thought we had that type of relationship!" I push

"We do but you know it's not exactly easy talking about traumatic things from the past. The future is different. You're involved in that but issues that remind me of the past I don't like talking about. Spencer knows about these issues cause she was there so it's just easier with her." He softens, sitting back down

"And I respect that. I have things in my past you don't know about either but the things going on now I'd like to know. You don't have to fill me in on the past with your father, but the reason you aren't taking to him now I think I have a right to know"

He sighs "Fine. He was insisting that he knew best cause he's been a father for so long and I've been one for five minutes. He refused to understand where we were coming from and Paulie's importance and once he did he switched it to blame it on the fact that Spencer kept the kids from us for their whole lives so it's her fault that they knew nothing about Elissa. Just kept throwing hits and I almost lost it, Spencer stopped me from doing anything and then he started implying that I was choosing her over you instead of apologizing he was just throwing this in my face, I had enough so I told him that I'm done with him to which he called me ungrateful for everything he's ever done for me, I lashed out saying that before he married Lila he was my father but after that he was not. I threw something Jenna did and blamed me for in their face and then Lila said something that pissed Spencer off, it just didn't end well"

"For the Jenna thing, Are you talking about her saying that you forced yourself on her?"

"Wait, how did you-"